Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 11th April 2024, 16:58
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
USAAF reports of aircraft sent overseas

Hallo All

I have a request from Geoffrey Sinclair regarding those aircraft which was sent overboard. Geoffrey can read your answers but, as you know, can't reply.
Since I am on holidays with limited access to the Internet, neither can I!
Cheers
Stig

Here is his request:
"I am looking for reports on USAAF aircraft sent overseas for the USAAF during WWII. Monthly by make/model and theatre. It looks like the USAAF used the term shipment or departure rather than export in describing the movements. Like the British export reports I would expect the USAAF ones to exclude aircraft flown out during unit transfers.

There are a number of USAAF reports giving monthly acceptance and/or delivery figures by make/model etc., like ADO-605, WS-302, RC/WS-301, SC-AP-16, SC 8A, SC-AP-12, but so far no such report(s) found for movements overseas. Air Transport Command was responsible for reporting movements overseas by air, but table 207 of the 1945 statistical digest is a one page summary. The Statistical Digest shipments by water figures are in tons.

Report ADO-468 Factory Acceptances Factory Deliveries Departures from the US by Supply Division Aircraft Distribution Office Wright Field has monthly exports by model etc. but only for non US forces, with the export figures amended if there were theatre transfers.

The US Air Force Historical Research Agency has a number of files, mostly for the European Theatre, that say they count aircraft arrivals."