Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 24th August 2007, 14:58

GaraiB is on a distinguished road
Stuka and Schlacht unit in Neuhammer (Silesia) January of 1945

Hello guys,

Could somebody inform me, which German Stuka or Schlacht unit stationed in Neuhammer.
I got info one Hungarian pilot (Volk-German from Hungary) flew by Stuka aircraft. He was KIA or MIA on 28 January 1945. His name was Arpad, none any details from his familie name or his rank.
Thanks. Kind regards,

GaraiB
Old 24th August 2007, 15:04

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road
Re: Stuka and Schlacht unit in Neuhammer (Silesia) January of 1945

Balázs,

I am afraid, that the remembrance in the Hadtörténelmi Közlemények, which mentioned this story is pretty inaccurate.
Old 27th August 2007, 13:26

Hello Csaba,

thanks for the info. Can I ask from where did you get evidence?
(I read from Magyar Szarnyak -1996- yearbook on 149pages). This mean the all story is fiction?
Thanks again. Kind regards,

GaraiB
Old 27th August 2007, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaraiB View Post
Hello Csaba,

thanks for the info. Can I ask from where did you get evidence?
(I read from Magyar Szarnyak -1996- yearbook on 149pages). This mean the all story is fiction?
Thanks again. Kind regards,

GaraiB

Balázs,

If you read the footnote in the Magyar Szárnyak, you can see, that the author just quoted it from the mentioned source as well (Hadtörténelmi Közlemények 3/1995). Altough it was published as a diary (not as a remembrance), I guess, it was inaccurate. However, I know some Hungarian ethnic pilots in the Luftwaffe (who were not really famous)
That story about these international volunteers is pretty colourful, but imho not too accurate. Do not believe everything without hesitation, which was printed once.

See you soon,
Old 28th August 2007, 15:53

Hello Csaba,

thanks for the quick replay. The biggest problem, many Hungarian workink papers, documentum disappered. The amateur and profi historians couldn't work correctly with the insufficient stuff. Mostly it's not enough to answer the questions.
Thanks again. See you soon. Kind regards,

GaraiB
(Balazs)
Old 28th August 2007, 17:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaraiB View Post
Hello Csaba,

thanks for the quick replay. The biggest problem, many Hungarian workink papers, documentum disappered. The amateur and profi historians couldn't work correctly with the insufficient stuff. Mostly it's not enough to answer the questions.
Thanks again. See you soon. Kind regards,

GaraiB
(Balazs)
Hello Balazs,

I know the situation well, since I'm a historian and written my PhD about the Royal Hungarian Air Force in WW II too. More, than 99,5% of the RHAF's official wartime documents went missing, it is really hard to research this topic deeply and effectively (In many cases, I have more materials about specific RHAF topics, than the military archive, since I visited and asked 70+ veterans and hundreds of families and collected many documents from private hand). In Hungary, relatively few pilots were trained to Ju 87 and from them, no one left the RHAF and joined the Luftwaffe. As I mentioned before, I know few Hungarian pilots, who joined the Luftwaffe - you can read the biography of Lipcsey in my aces book, who scored 7 air victories with the JG 27 -, but there was not a similar pilot, like in that text. It that story is true, that fellow most probably got his entire training in Germany. But if only his given name known, it is impossible to identify him at the moment (as I said earlier - if this story is true at all).

See you soon,

Csaba