Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 26th May 2022, 11:52
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Fate or information about Ju 88 D-2 coded 4U+KL from 3(F)/123

Dear Ed North and other members of this Board and who answered the thread.

Firstly, my THANK YOU for the explanatory "lesson or Course" into the A-5F and D-1 and D-2 series, which in my case I really did not know (the books I do have do not go as deep as you went!). Surely, in my case, this is an information I did not know or had ever read before...and it is most welcomed indeed!

Surely your book will be most welcomed by me and other members of this board. And keep going...the "sprog" writers like me to "emulate" the "Old Eagles like some of you are"....and, at the END, we all learn and go further and do our best (and we are not competing amongst us...since each one do have a subject and way of doing things).

Regarding the other "ping-pong of words" about books on the Ju 88 subject, I can only say that, until our death, we do learn....and there is someone else, somewhere, who knows more or have gone farther into something we "thought" we knew...this is simply the way things and persons are. No blame, no envy, just the way things are.

I have been helped by dozens of you "Old Eagles" and have helped, when I can with what I do have in hands...this is the "circle of life", in my humble opinion. Even to be born and to be buried, we depend of others.

I have nothing against no one (author, Historian, researcher, etc.). When I do not like a particular "style" I simply do not buy from the person anymore. Quite simple....nothing personal. However it is better to "have wingmen flying alongside" than to fight a lone wolf battle, isn't it?

ED > THANK YOU very much for the lesson (and werknummers) relating to the A-5F, D-1 and D-2 history. Facts and information that I really do not know and surely was happy to know. Plese do advise us, when your book will be available....and I do have some Ju 88 images, so if you want or the book is still "open", feel free to ask for something you may need or do not have yet.

Thank you ALL for the lessons, information and help I obtained during those long years as a Member of this Board. This is why TOCH is one of the most fantastic Aeronautical Forums. Let's keep it healthy and going full power with more technical discussions.

Wish you all a nice day and end of week.

Semper Fi,
Adriano Silva Baumgartner (biographer of the late W/C Cosme Lockwood Gomm, DSO, DFC....soon to be Edited, after 9 years of researches and struggles to have it printed!).
Old 26th May 2022, 17:05
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

"And I’m sure everyone on the forum is well aware by now of just how highly you rate your own, hitherto unseen work. Should it ever be published we’ll find out how good it actually is."

Incorrect and slightly on the insaulting. Select friends and regular members on this board have seen the progressive-draft pages or groups of pages, and whole chapters.
Lastly I am afraid Mr. Beale likely be not qualified be on panel of judges. But hail and thanks to my helpers around the world. -Eggert

Last edited by edNorth; 26th May 2022 at 23:18.
Old 26th May 2022, 17:48
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Lastly I am afraid Mr. Beale likely be not qualified be on panel of judges.
I am somewhat less than mortified at this news.
Old 26th May 2022, 23:36
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

That might be one reason.