Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2005, 13:58

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Re: Forthcoming book on JG 5 ace Walter Schuck

Quote:
this morning I spoke with Walter Schuck and informed him about your post referring to his so-called statement ..."but a book, no, I don't think so...".
His answer to your report was very clear and very detailed:"Der spinnt wohl", which comes close to bullshit.
Well, Horst, petty envy has played a sinister role in many posts on TOCH, so let's not get upset, and let's not even be surprised.

I've talked to several other successful WW II aviation authors, and they all say that each of them has his own "tail" of pathetically envious pursuers who take every opportunity to attack them with the attempt to bring down their credibility. TOCH is a free-fire zone for such obsessed people, and that is why some of the most famous authors refrain from going here, or at least limit their presence here. Ruy has made his choice, and he has, objectively, chosen the mudslingers instead of some of the most famous authors.

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 4th May 2005, 14:41
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christer Bergström
Ruy has made his choice, and he has, objectively, chosen the mudslingers instead of some of the most famous authors.
Christer means himself and probably a very french famous publisher and translator...

If you play with mud Christer you are bound to get dirty.

This thread has no more purpose, I'm closing it.

The next step will be an easy one for me... wel sort of, anyway.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 5th May 2005, 14:08

The thread has been reopened to address the issue of my last post, a childish reaction caused by my initial anger.

Also I made a mistake earlier in the thread of joking at the expense of Christer Bergstrom, who took the opportunity to announce his latest project on this forum.

Both are acts you cannot commit when you are supposed to be the objective host of a forum, supposed to be above the mudslinging level. The above is a good example of my limitations as a human being, as such I utterly failed to act as an example on my own forum.

For the above I offer my apologies

Also to that other "very french" person that may have been offended by my remark.

edit:
Note however that I do not side with Bergstrom on the further content of this thread.

Old 5th May 2005, 21:55
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point

As a published author, I find your comments strange also. Of course, when certain concrete facts are not known, the author uses words like "likely'" "possibly" and "it seems reasonable to conclude," and "according to such and such report."

Perhaps you have read one or more bad history books where it was not clear what could be verified and what could not. And even that word "verified" still needs to refer to a contemporary document and/or photo. You raise some good points but I, for one, would be interested in what you have to say after this book is released.

Regards,
Ed West
Old 6th May 2005, 11:38

Re: was: Forthcoming book on JG 5 ace Walter Schuck (copy of original thread)

I've copied the original thread and left the original announcement as made by Christer Bergström a (temporary) sticky. The following debate has been left under this new title.

The original clash between Hans and Christer may have been a misunderstanding in many ways, thanks to Horst Kube for clearing matters up.

The thread still contains good information and I will leave it alone.

Closed Thread