Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 19th January 2019, 20:45
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough
Re: Location of Re 2002 "DV+JC" ?

Many thanks, Roger, Nick, Tom, Stig and Kris for shedding some lights on this Re 2002 and beyond.

Thanks to this positive W.Nr. ID, still hoping to verify its location at Reims - as you point it out, Roger.

Cheers
Marc
Old 19th January 2019, 21:56
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

The A.I.2(g) report on Reims is frustrating, mentioning only “French trainer aircaft used by Germans” and “French fighter aircraft”,. (At Lyon the investigators called the Re. 2002 “Fiat G.50”)
Old 21st January 2019, 08:02

joel husson is on a distinguished road

Hello,
on one of the photos, we see the village of Brimont located north of the base on the hill.
The village was home to a Fort where aircraft parts were stored, following the many bombings.
cordially
Joel
Old 21st January 2019, 17:11

Tom Willis is on a distinguished road

Hi Stig and et al
Thanks for your W/Nr & MM lists. I too have these but one error I think - You give 1176 while I have 1175. Is yours correct or is mine? Also mine were compiled many years ago - far to long for me to remember the source. Can you help?
Also there are some other MM numbers associated with German use - I have from 5217 to 5231 but I have a lone 5343 which could be a typo for 5243? (15 a/c plus one).
The photo of DV+CJ with the 1283 does have WKN although hard to make out. I suggest that these numbers are what can be termed as RLM Numbers. There is a correlation with the MM Numbers but I do not know what these are. Other examples of these RLM numbers are with Italian built SM82s and Dutch built Do24s, there must be others but I have no known examples.
There were two production ranges with Caproni and Reggianne but I have no certain examples but suggest that the 52 series are from Caproni. Are there any Italian aviation experts who can help here?
Regards - Tom
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:14
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Nick, Joel and Tom,

Many thanks for all the details/insights, they are highly appreciated.

Cheers
Marc
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:37
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Willis View Post
Hi Stig and et al
Thanks for your W/Nr & MM lists. I too have these but one error I think - You give 1176 while I have 1175. Is yours correct or is mine? Also mine were compiled many years ago - far to long for me to remember the source. Can you help?
Also there are some other MM numbers associated with German use - I have from 5217 to 5231 but I have a lone 5343 which could be a typo for 5243? (15 a/c plus one).
The photo of DV+CJ with the 1283 does have WKN although hard to make out. I suggest that these numbers are what can be termed as RLM Numbers. There is a correlation with the MM Numbers but I do not know what these are. Other examples of these RLM numbers are with Italian built SM82s and Dutch built Do24s, there must be others but I have no known examples.
There were two production ranges with Caproni and Reggianne but I have no certain examples but suggest that the 52 series are from Caproni. Are there any Italian aviation experts who can help here?
Regards - Tom
Hi Tom

Not home at the moment, but my listing was compiled from an Italian book published by Georgio Apostolo (I think the author's name is Govi). There were three Reggiane books in total and this was Vol 2.
Cannot check if I was hamfisted or not until back...

I agree with your thoughts regarding RLM numbers, quite possible indeed

Cheers
Stig
Old 24th January 2019, 14:38

Mermet is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,

The "training airplane" found at Reims was a Fiat G-50 flyable only for transfer. Written on the fuselage : Nur Überführungsklar.

JCM

Last edited by Mermet; 24th January 2019 at 15:15.
Old 26th December 2020, 10:06

tanzebau is on a distinguished road

Dear all,

I tried to integrate the original information found in the Reggiane archive with your information and the information from Nick Beale's site.
Basically Mr. Govi probably didn't know that most of the factory frame nr. had a correspondent M.M., even for the Luftwaffe planes.
In other words: the german W.Nr. should be the factory frame nr.

Here's the link:

http://www.reggiane.info/unita-3.html
At the moment it's only in italian but in the following months it will be translated also into English.

Question from my side: do you still have the picture of DV+JC ?
If you find corrections to be done or things that can be added, please let me know
Old 26th December 2020, 10:44
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzebau View Post
Dear all,

Question from my side: do you still have the picture of DV+JC ?
If you find corrections to be done or things that can be added, please let me know

I kept a copy (attached) for my own research but I don't own any rights to it.
Old 26th December 2020, 23:08

tanzebau is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much Nick