Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 13th February 2024, 11:44

richdlc will become famous soon enough
Re: 'Axis Wings' The Luftwaffe & co-belligerent air forces' compendium

soon! At the printers now....
Old 4th March 2024, 09:24

Siko54 is on a distinguished road

Hi Rich - any idea when this will be shipped? Website just says End Feb/March. Can't wait......!
Old 4th March 2024, 09:50

Hi - books should be with me tomorrow for shipping this week! Thanks for your patience.
Old 4th March 2024, 10:04

That's great news and thanks for the prompt reply too, Cheers.
Old 7th March 2024, 12:53

Dear Luftwaffe fans...after months of hard work, 'Axis Wings' volume 1 has finally arrived!
I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Fantastic design from Mark Nelson, superb artwork from Janusz Swiatlon, and of course there's the content. Previously unknown, or under-reported stories about the Luftwaffe and co-belligerent air forces in WWII, with many great photos, many previously unseen.
Copies are selling fast, so head on over to the Chandos website, or search for the book on eBay UK if you're abroad and want to pay tax at source (but make sure the seller is Chandos_Publications_Ltd).

www.chandospublications.co.uk

Thanks for your support!
Rich

Old 8th March 2024, 12:44

Just received my copy - which looks amazing and really looking forward to reading it in detail! Sadly despite being perfectly wrapped it has been almost bent in two by the amazing RM, I have sent you a pic and message in FB if that's ok. Many thanks, Si
Old 8th March 2024, 12:46
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

Post is becoming a joke in UK-now £1.35 for a First Class letter and they still damage/lose letters!
Old 8th March 2024, 14:54
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Boys you do not know the Brazilian Postal Services! Generally when I do purchase something from the UK it arrives in less than 7 days and fully packaged....From Germany, Holland and other Countries (Italy), it takes sometimes months...and I lost images due to wetting down here in rain...so now I only beg the sellers to wrap images or books....anyway....Royal Mail for me was always sinonym of First Class shipping....maybe the "old hands" retired and now only the teens are doing the job....or third parties (worst even!).

By the way the booklet-magazine looks really pretty nice and amazing. Well done to ALL the Team involved....sadly at 40 "Krons" (poetical joke of my part here) + international shipping from the UK, only after winning the lottery for me...
Old 8th March 2024, 18:30
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Chris,

My employer has me buy so-called "forever stamps" from the post office before the end of the year. He knows the average price increase will be 5%.
And UPS has regular increases every year. After negotiating a very favorable contract, profits went down and 12,000 employees were let go.

In 2007, my company could send pounds of books to Australia for little money, but we woke up one day to find out the U.S. Post had put an end to Surface Mail, citing rising costs to them. We lost 99% of our foreign customers overnight. It was around this time that ebook readers were appearing in stores everywhere.

I even read, around that time, that such readers were popular gifts in the UK but almost no one used them. They just sat in their boxes. It is quite clear that those who actually run things, meaning the wealthy, want us all to stop buying printed books and magazines outside of our own countries.

The funny thing is I can buy books from Germany and get shipping rates I can afford.

Last edited by edwest2; 8th March 2024 at 23:48.
Old 8th March 2024, 19:58
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Postal services are a topic of their own and the points made are all valid. I'm happy to open a dedicated thread but could we keep this one to Axis Wings, please?