Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 2nd July 2006, 16:47
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough
Barry Rosch DB project-Who here is in it?

For those guys here who have been asked to or are participating in Rosch's DB project - guys we need to talk. I've been very hesitant to join this project - and apparently for good reason. I still think this is a very worthwhile endeavor, but I think it needs to be managed by the group as a whole and not through a single person. There's no reason in hell why communications concerning this couldn't have been done through an e-mail list. As it is, any communication I've had about this project has been by phone through the single person. That is a big mistake. Because of that I received a package THROUGH THE MAIL that contained a 'member' list with my name on it that also happens to mention that it has copy of pirated software in the package. That is highly ILLEGAL!! I didn't receive that particular software as the sender knows that I already had the necessary application (licensed BTW), but the fact remains that my name was on the list of people that supposedly or potentially recieved that software, and there are potential repercussions from just that I'm sure. Certainly the intention was benign, but that my friends is a major BONEHEADED move and quite frankly I think that calls into question the judgement of the person 'leading' the project. I am truly pissed about this, and before some wag says its no big deal or asks why I don't take this to the source, I'm sure the 2-3 well-known authors on the list would have a problem if I was to photocopy or scan their books and start e-mailing them to all my friends, the legal repercussions and penalties are severe and the damage has ALREADY BEEN DONE!!!!

You guys here know how to contact me.
Old 2nd July 2006, 19:52

George Hopp
Re: Barry Rosch DB project-Who here is in it?

Although I am not a member of this project -- probably too low on the food chain -- I agree with you about keeping this, or any other project, totally above board. If you start leaning to the dark side, you begin to encounter unintended consequences that can haunt you for a life-time. Besides, DB engines had a nasty habit of being over-sold and under-engineered.
All the best,
George

Last edited by George Hopp; 3rd July 2006 at 04:00.
Old 3rd July 2006, 10:43

Jens
Re: Barry Rosch DB project-Who here is in it?

What is the aim of the DB Project?