Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th November 2007, 13:09

Peter Ocker is on a distinguished road
Glider/Sailplane and DFS pictures

Dear all involved with gliders or DFS aircraft, I am searching for pictures of gliders designed by Hans Jacobs, like Rhönsperber, Sperber Senior (was at Elmira and NY in 1937, there must be some nice pictures by Hans Groenhoff, but I can't open any NASM website), Seeadler, Kranich, Weihe, Meise, Rhönadler, DFS 230, Habicht..
I have an airworthy Weihe glider, D-0700, and work on a book on the life and the designs of Hans Jacobs.

Especially in the US, there should be some pictures around of Sperber Senior and Habicht, as both gliders where there in the late 1930ies.
Also, recently on ebay there were nice DFS pictures for sale, but as a German one is excluded from some auctions there (due to any political restrictions I don't really understand).

Please help, all the best from Germany (Munich area), Peter