Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th November 2013, 19:43

Harrie is on a distinguished road
Location Bf110 werknr 3686 Vlagtwedde holland

Gentleman ,

According to a previous tread about this Bf-110 crashed infolge motorstorung bruch 100% Vlagtwedde Holland. The plane was lost on 7-8-1942 on a non-combat flight .I,ve examined the reports of the Luftschutz,luchtbeschermingdienst and the local-police reports however i can,t find anything about it in the archieves .Has anybody more information or can help me where to start to get information where the plane went down.

All help welcome,

Regards harrie
Old 14th November 2013, 20:38

Marcel Hogenhuis will become famous soon enough
Re: Location Bf110 werknr 3686 Vlagtwedde holland

hello Harrie,

This crash is mentioned in Reel 6 of the microfilmed Luftwaffe loss lists of the Abteilung 6 of the Gen.Qm.Luftwaffe. On page 9 of the lists of 12 August 1942, you will find this crash. The location is given as "Vlachtwedde" which clearly means Vlagtwedde.

That the police and LBD reports don't mention this crash at all is not surprising: they were not allowed to (exceptions do confirm the rule of course)

All the best, Marcel / Venlo
Old 15th November 2013, 14:15

Harrie is on a distinguished road
Re: Location Bf110 werknr 3686 Vlagtwedde holland

hello Marcel,

Thanks for the information about the Reel 6 ,in a previous tread i,ve got also this info .
In the verlieslijst 1943 is this crash mentioned on 7-8-1943,there is A behind the T-number .The LBD report from a german fighter crash on 8-10-1943 is maybe exception ,but this report says in german : ein deutsches flugzeug ist abgesturtzt usw......... If you do have those microfilms can you give me answer what about 23-8-1944 of a german fighter in Sellingen ? [see my previous tread]

Greetings from the North