Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 9th August 2010, 18:50
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
KG 26 activities on 11th December 1939

Good night for all!
I would like to obtain more details about a KG 26 crew who was surprised by Blenheims If on the 11th December 1939, while on a patrol near the Scotish Coasts.

Apparently the pilot was Obfw Moldenhauer and the Observer, Oblt Münter.

Is there any record of the CODES and werknummer of this aircraft, who sustained damages but landed back at his own base?

What the FULL names of both Moldenhauer and Münter and there are any information about the other crew names?

Thanks in advance

Adriano

PS: Any information about which Blenheim IF Squadron who intercepted this particular Heinkel He 111?
Old 9th August 2010, 21:42
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: KG 26 activities on 11th December 1939

Adriano: Totally wrong. The incident in question was 10 Feb 40, Ofw Herbert Moldenhauer of I/KG 26 was apparently wounded in combat with 2 Hudsons J & A of 224 Sqn. No RAF claim was made (combat was 1203 hrs), both Hudsons were damaged and the WOp of J wounded. I can find nothing on Münter. It would appear minimal damage to the He 111 hence just the wounded chap's name
Old 14th August 2010, 18:28
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris,

Thanks indeed for pointing me to this new DATE.
I got the information about this air combat on the 11th December 1939 on the "booklet" about the Heinkel He 111 by Atlas Editions, written by Mister KIT. It is an old booklet - 80´s period.
It is said that "this combat appeared on an ADLER magazine". I assumed the DATE was correct since the author mentioned his source.
Thanks for pointing me a new direction. I will focuss on this new date.

PS: Have you managed to contact that former SKG 10 airmen? Have you tried the Embassy to obtain an address? I passed your and my e-mail last via phone last time I called them, but got no joy...and I lost the phone number. If you still want to try, plese send me the phone you got, we can have a next try...

Adriano
Old 15th August 2010, 11:28
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

Adriano: Thanks for this. I think we have tried as much as we can with this man so I think we should leave it-shame as I think he can add a lot more to the 1944 ops

Chris