Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > General

General Please use this forum to post feedback, suggestions and problems relating to 12oclockhigh.net

Old 7th May 2019, 20:15

rof120 is on a distinguished road
John Beaman: closing threads

Mr. Johm Beaman, certainly you are closing this thread (EOE) as well and for the same reasons as the recent Galland-thread? "The tone is not acceptable on this forum."
===============

6th May 2019, 00:34

John Vasco

Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert
Hi Del,

manuscript for 1.9.39 is finished - there are approx. 600 pages of text, which must be edited and adjusted to our book format. Maps are finished and we are working on aircraft profiles. We are still looking for some photos! So if anyone could help us in this subject it will be greatly appreciated.
On the other side I`m now finishing manuscript for 14.9.39 - more than 120 pages.

Regards

Robert

Update...?

After all, this is me: "...we have the self-proclaimed orator John Vasco spreading negative and misleading nonsense in public on this board and to anyone else he meets on his travels..."

While in the same paragraph this appeared: "...Why on earth should we divulge what the timetable is, the structure of each volume, the page content, the photo content, the map content, the text content? It is no one's business..." So, to all of you on here who have helped over the years and decades, this translates as 'you are going to be told 'jack'.

So on the one hand I'm spreading negative and misleading nonsense (which is a 100% lie!), and on the other nothing is divulged and it's no one's business. Nobody knows anything (including me), but apparently I'm spreading negative and misleading nonsense because I express an opinion.

Last edited by rof120; 8th May 2019 at 15:14.
Old 7th May 2019, 20:22
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: John Beaman: closing threads

This forum is open to the public. And this forum is privately owned and threads can be closed for any reason. No one else in control. I do the same on another privately-owned forum.
Old 7th May 2019, 20:46
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough

Dear rof120,

1. Who are you? Come out from behind your 'nom-de'plume' and tell us who you are.

2. Is it wrong to ask for an update?

3. Is it wrong for me to quote factual information?

If I didn't know better, I would say you are a certain someone in disguise who owns another forum. For someone relatively new to this forum, you do appear to set about castigating and criticising certain members on here...

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 7th May 2019, 22:06
Alter Hase

ClinA-78 is on a distinguished road

This 'gentleman' - THE Galland Biographer - uses/used to ruin others Frenchspeaking forum...
Beware.

ClinA-78
Old 8th May 2019, 10:17
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road

Hi, all

Based on the info from the threads by rof120 I believe it must be the same person running this blog:

http://yves-michelet.over-blog.com/2...xe-siecle.html

I have not yet fully understood the need to use an alias?

Regards,
Andreas B
Old 8th May 2019, 11:17
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Brekken View Post
Hi, all

Based on the info from the threads by rof120 I believe it must be the same person running this blog:

http://yves-michelet.over-blog.com/2...xe-siecle.html

I have not yet fully understood the need to use an alias?

Regards,
Andreas B
If it IS him, then he has a very good reason to use an alias:
http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=14331
Old 8th May 2019, 12:35
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough

Come on, rof120, tell us all who you REALLY are.

Help a Scouser out here. Lob me an insult or ten.

I'm waiting. Take me on.

Perhaps, just perhaps, you are a total arsehole for writing this: "...Mr. Johm Beaman, certainly you are closing this thread (EOE) as well..." You don't like me questioning things? You don't like me stating facts? You TELL a Mod what he should do? Are you serious?

Are you he who is stated to be in posts #5 & 6? Open up, rof. Enlighten us all. Or have you run for cover?

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 8th May 2019, 13:09

Stéphane Lehuédé

Rof120 is Yves Michelet

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showth...539#post265539

Sadly known on french forums...
Old 8th May 2019, 18:16
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

ROF120,

Again?

I can not understand this kind of attitude, really. We are most of us here, as Members, to learn, to share, to grow up as persons linked by the same kind of interests, namely Aviation and History.

You had the chance to apologize, not only to the acknowledged Historian you offended, personally; but to all members of this Forum, mostly because the way the previous thread started, aggressively. Last thread did not showed us documental evidences, nor proofs of your theory for Galland’s claims, nor Logbooks or Flugbuchs, etc.

At first I thought you could also be a South American, but all pointed to you being a French (your quoting of French books , etc.).

Do you see, like you, there are some authors that I have read that are not so good as others; but that does not give me the right to attack them personally. Maybe I can criticize the work (a particular one, not the full length), not the man whom I never saw or do not know personally. And guess what, you (we) forgot about the Editors…sometimes you do send them 16 pages and a lot of photos, and the article do appear with 10 pages and much less photos or text (a Frankstein, technically speaking). So, the fault belongs to whom? It belongs to the author who signs the text, or to the Editor who cut it and sometimes do not appear (namely)? And sometimes most of writers do have a deadline, a timetable to follow and can not proceed the way “he would like to have the book printed”. It happen frequently I guess.

Most of us do enter this Forum for pleasure, on our leisure time. We are not here to be aggressive, or offensive; on the contrary. We are here to learn, to share, to grow up as fellow “sprog historians” (or Acknowledged Historians). We do not have time to put fingers on one’s face…rather to ask ourselves where we can be better, where we can be more humble…and even some really acknowledged Historians, with dozens of books do ask for help here, humbly. We go nowhere alone…we do grow up with others and amongst others, in all senses. Even Fighter Pilots do need wingmen.

So now that you do have a face and a name, maybe you could start your threads in another way, what do you think?

We are not competing here on this Forum amongst us to be the Greatest Military Historian, or the guy who have more original pieces (wrecks or parts) of rare WW2 Airplanes, or the rarest signed photograph, or the most expensive yet photograph ever sold at Ebay, etc…And guess what, some of the writers are not even pilots! Maybe they have seated on military aircrafts, but not flown them personally! Amazing, not? And even if they are fully credited ex-Military Airmen, this not makes them better than those who are not, in terms of research, published work, etc…There is ONE thing that you fight hard to earn here: CREDIBILITY.

This is why some of us do sign here under our real names and that sprog historians like me, still crawling like a “baby” on the game of writing and publishing, do have the opportunity of talking or exchanging notes with a “famous” historian whose books we do have; those who have inspired us. Internet gave us this opportunity. Let’s use this technological feature to make friends not enemys.

So, you are a translator not a “free-lancer” writer.

You met Galland personally and was invited to his house several times. Great. Really fantastique. Most of us would have liked to have the same opportunity, believe me. But, that gives not you the right to feel you are better or less better than others here, nor to offend persons or works who have taken time to be produced.

And do you know, what is really amazing in life…”you reap what you sow”.

Congratulations for all Moderators of this Forum.

Wish you and yours a lovely week, in health and peace. Guess we need more peace in Earth nowadays….something an old Generation fought for, between 1939 and 1945.

OBS: I just discarded a text that was a bit offensive that I have written before. I shall not offend anyone here. No, not me. I shall not enter this game.

Adriano Silva Baumgartner, ASV 00.344
Old 11th May 2019, 17:20

Alfred.MONZAT will become famous soon enough

I want to appology to this community to not have warned people of this board that rof120 is Yves Michelet, it was evident on his first message of "A Galland mystery..." (except him, nobody mention him in good ways and his way of writing and whining are quite unique) of the original thread and I should have warned you as he behaved exactly as usual. He is probably one of the most despisable people lurking in the aviation networks (got banned again lately on a French forum - well he also got banned from this very board years ago). And he won't admit who he is, he didn't in the French forum at least.