Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 29th December 2006, 14:06

Jasper is on a distinguished road
Flak units Holland

Hello all,

For some time now, i'm trying to find out what units (Luftwaffe, heer, kriegsmarine) where stationed in my province, Groningen (Holland), during 1940-1945. I'm mostly done with the kriegsmarine units, but still working on the heer and luftwaffe. I hope that i can find some answers concerning luftwaffe units here.

In Groningen there where 2 radarstations, Löwe and Gazelle. Gazelle is kind of a stations that is a bit unknown, not much written about. But i presume that Gazelle too, had flak around the radarstation, just like Löwe.

I'm trying to find out what units where stationed in my province for longer periods but hardly any book about my province lists units. The books from mister Jansen (Wespennest Leeuwarden, Gevleugeld verleden etc.) i have and they are the best, but also, they don't list flak units.

Both stations where operated by luftnachrichten units but i don't think that these units also used the flak kanons.

All info/help is more then welcome and don't hesitate to send me a pm with any recommendation/question or my email.

Regards,
Jasper
Old 30th December 2006, 15:32

Re: Flak units Holland

From another site, a member told me to try to get in touch with mister Wortmann. He supposed to be a member on this site.
Old 30th December 2006, 15:45

Hans Nauta

Hi Jasper,

Jaap Woortman to be correct. He regularly visits this site, you may contact him via the Private Message option, or wait till he reacts.

If everything fails I can provide his emailaddress.

Regards,
Hans Nauta
Old 30th December 2006, 18:04

Hello Hans,

Thank you for your reply. I'll just wait a bit, give people some time to reply and if there is still no sign, i'll try to contact him.

Ps. I believe i read something on this forum about a book covering the radarstation Gazelle, is this book out yet, or in progress?