Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 12th June 2022, 09:50

Richard Mills is on a distinguished road
Market research - 'Most Wanted' Luftwaffe books

For myself a couple of 'Most Wanted' spring to mind.....

Translated into English and updated, I would like to see a re-issue of Ulf Balcke's books on 'Kampfgeschwader 2'.

For 'Classic' to release a book on the Me 210/Me 410, covering the operational element and a photographic record (along the lines of Chris Goss's Classic releases Do 17, Do 217, Fw 200).

A multi volume series covering all of the ZG units employed in the RLV, covering operations, claims, losses and involved personnel.

(I can dream).
Old 27th July 2022, 20:28

Mikael Olrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Market research - 'Most Wanted' Luftwaffe books

Interesting thread, which I've just now detected.

My 2 cents are that there is a wealth of material still not accessed or used out there in various archives and collections waiting to be located. The challenge is that it requires a lot of time, ingenuity, and money and that you often have to go there in person to find it, since most of it is not digitalised or might not even be properly catalogued. Obviously, the active support and generosity of other researchers and collectors is imperative for any author to bring out something new. An author is not just challenged by having to spend time and financial resources to locate these unused sources, it can in the end often be a financial loss for the author to publish a book. Especially if the book is on a narrower and more specialized subject.

Personally, I’d like to see more in depth books on the other axis air forces, a detailed book on the He 100 and He 112 would be interesting and the Ju 188 is still open for some serious attention. I’ve got some other ideas too, but will keep them for myself for the time being :-)
Old 27th July 2022, 22:42

richdlc will become famous soon enough
Re: Market research - 'Most Wanted' Luftwaffe books

thanks for the reply Mikael