Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th May 2007, 22:14

Chris Going is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe and other material for auction

Dear All,

I am not sure I shall be thanked for this posting, but I think that there is something here for everyone. Have a look at http://www.dominicwinter.co.uk, and click on their catalogue for their auction on may 18th. Most important are Lots 1-300.

I take no responsibility for the domestic disharmony which may result from the visit.

best

Chris Going
Old 15th May 2007, 11:01

SES
Re: Luftwaffe and other material for auction

Hi Chris,
Some rather remarkable items, but who is going to reimburse my lap-top, which got destroyed from me drawling onto the keyboard.
bregds
SES
Old 15th May 2007, 19:28

Jon

Day booked off, i will be going.
Thanks for the info
Old 15th May 2007, 21:23

SES, John -glad to have brought this to light. There's nothing more annoying than being told 'you should have been there' after the event.
There is some interesting stuff, and it should be fun. Can't spare the time unfortunately, but might, just might -bid on a map or two. Let me know how you get on Jon.

Best

ChrisG

Chris
Old 17th May 2007, 20:05

Jon

Auction was fantastic, please help with my request on the Prop i have posted here.
The 109 tail went for over £6,000 !!!!
Old 17th May 2007, 21:43

Jon -great stuff. I'm really pleased you had a good day. I'm a bit amazed at the sum made by the 109 tail fin, given that it has a replacement leading edge, but there we are.

I don't know, but the older I get the more I find pleasure in the enthausiasm of others and bringing these things to the attention of fellow enthausiasts brings a warm glow.. I'm sure Ed West (who no doubt never ages at all) knows the feeling.

Alas, I didn't bid -I've got a conservation bill coming up and
I want the full set of Die Geheimentegesberichte den Deutsche Wehrmachtfuehrung (13 effing volumes and I only have 4), so I must be brutal with myself. Saw your propeller blade -interesting. I have a 109E blade bartered in 1970 for a first world war flying jacket, and brought home from London (Kensington dealer, natch) in a white Mini. Dead days.

Did you see the blundered reference to the knickebein receiver? (Lot 271 I think). Now those don't grow on trees. Wonder where that went.

Best

Chris