Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 5th July 2018, 02:32

Pete63 is on a distinguished road
Re: Ju 88C-4/6? C9+NT - any info..?

Dear Mr North,

First of all, I tried to find a link to show you these photographs, but nowadays on some auction some sites the photographs in question disappear at the very moment the auction terminates, I'm afraid.

You also wrote: "After all I did give the info, to you, for free, (...) and using that as cause for raising startprice is outrageous. Misuse of generosity." Again, I would like to stress that I am not the seller and I have no connection to the seller whatsoever - so I don't feel I have misused your generosity. In fact I thanked you for the info on this particular aircraft - of which I had no info in my own archive.

As far as the depth of ones pockets is concerned - same here, but when you want to get your hands on first sources, I'm afraid these are not for free. I haven't the illusion that I will earn any money back - since I know that British authors (as well as authors from other countries) writing on the subject of the air war during WW II invest a lot of spare time and money on getting these books published for a relatively small audience. Luckily they take this enormous effort and again, luckily - they are backed up by publishers who believe in them. Without these people we would miss out on a lot of interesting reading material. Their perseverance must not be underestimated..!

Nor must we underestimate the work of all these investigators like yourself, who are standing with their feet in the mud and doing the hands on excavation and research work. Standing there - on the crash site or on an old taxiway of a former airfield somewhere in Europe - gives you a sense of the real historical significance - and getting as close to history as one possibly can.

We probably won't get any money back out of such a specialized hobby which has a relatively small audience, but enjoying the warmth of mutual friends here at TOCH! who are willing to share their information with people here who share an interest in the air war is much more satisfying than any amount of money can ever bring..!

With kind regards,
Piet Bouma
Old 5th July 2018, 03:17
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Sorry, Mr. Piet. You did NOT answer the reason why photo be forwarded to other researcher, but not the one giving you the info? This does not look right or fair.
Few finer ways to insault. Now I will ask moderators remove this info.

Last edited by edNorth; 6th July 2018 at 14:00.
Old 5th July 2018, 04:21

Maciej Góralczyk is on a distinguished road

Eggert, I know thay Evilbay is now a bit troublesome, but I just spent 1 minute and you can see both trailer pics and their backs:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rNMAA...jt/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KYcAA...j1/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BqgAA...fB/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rWIAA...efJ/s-l500.jpg
Peace.
Old 5th July 2018, 16:18
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Moderators, can you please remove "historical" contents of post #2 of this thread.

Best regards - Eggert

Last edited by edNorth; 6th July 2018 at 14:00.
Old 5th July 2018, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Sorry, Mr. Piet. You did NOT answer the reason why photo be forwarded to other researcher, but not the one giving you the info? This does not look right or fair.
Few finer ways to insault. Now I will ask moderators remove this info.
You indeed are misuse of this forum, in my opinion.
I'm sorry that you don't understand my peace offering. I suggested that we should be helping each other here at TOCH!. That you are offended by me not offering the photographs to you - I'm sorry, but you declared war immediately, which was not my idea as I tried to explain earlier on in this thread. I simply didn't have the chance to re-find the links of the auctions in the meantime.

It was not clear that you were offended by me forwarding the photo to another researcher and not to you, who indeed have helped me very much as I stated earlier on. Now I understand what the real problem for you was - but I haven't forwarded any photo at all yet - so you've thought up a nasty scheme that didn't take place at all... I'm being accused of things that didn't happen...

My piece offering still stands and I will continue with my initial plan: as soon as the photographs arrive in my mail box I can send you a hi-res scan of both pictures for the use of your own collection - and yes, they will be for free - since I do that with all people who helped me at any point of time.

I hold no grudge against you, Mr. North. I don't get worried by your misunderstanding my intentions - they are not at all wrong, I can assure you.
I have no reason to insult you at all, I even complimented you on the work you're doing on the crash sites. And no, we haven't met (yet), which is a pity - because you'd be assured that I am reasonable colleague researcher...

And yes, I will also send the pictures to another researcher - also for free - since he helped and still helps me a lot too. And now I conclude this thread by declaring officially that I have never intended to insult anyone here at TOCH! at all...

With kind regards,
Piet Bouma
The Netherlands
Old 5th July 2018, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej Góralczyk View Post
Maciej,
Thanks for re-finding the links - which I didn't succeed in. The highest two are indeed referring to one of the photographs we were discussing (the one at Coulommiers) - but the lower two are not showing photograph number two - which was taken at Vélizy-Villacoublay.
But thanks for trying and also thanks for your request for peace.
With kind regards,
Piet
Old 7th July 2018, 16:19

Dear Mr North,

Like I stated in post #15 "as soon as the photographs arrive in my mail box I can send you a hi-res scan of both pictures for the use of your own collection - for free".
Good news - the photographs arrived today - and both have been scanned in Hi-res ready to be sent to you via WeTransfer as a thank you for information...
Could you please let me know your e-mail address via PM..?

With kind regards,
Piet Bouma
The Netherlands

Tags
c9+nt, frontreparatur, ju 88c