Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines > Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings by Japo Publications

Old 22nd September 2005, 05:24

David E. Brown will become famous soon enough
NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Pt. 1

Gents,

For those of you interested in the Dora, it appears that the long awaited JaPo book on the Fw 190 D will soon be available based on the following information recently posted on their website - http://www.japo-publishing.cz/uvod_gb.html

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings – Part I

The Focke-Wulf Fw 190D was one of the most elegant and powerful birds of prey in the European skies at the end of WW II. Similar in conception to “Messerschmitt Bf 109K, camouflage & marking”, this new work provides a thorough insight in the aircraft’s camouflage and marking schemes.

Part I explains the common rules used for camouflaging and marking of the type, and describes in great detail the various colour patterns applied to the different Focke-Wulf built Fw 190D-9 and D-11 production batches.

The book is fully documented with extracts from original documents, black & white, and colour photographs, as well as colour schemes and colour profiles. It is completed with a comprehensive loss list of the entire Focke-Wulf production.

Highly recommended for all students of WW II aerial warfare, Fw 190 fans, and modellers.

Hardback, 208 pages, approx. 240 photographs, numerous colour schemes, and camouflage profiles of 32 aircraft. English text.

One assumes that this book is now in press and will be available within weeks. It is very exciting to note that apparently the original single volume soft-cover book has now evolved into a two volume hard-cover set. No details are available on what Part 2 will include or when its planned publication date will be.

If one includes the undoubtably first-class Dora book in preparation by Eagle Editions, enthusiasts will be very well served (spoiled!) by these new publications which can't come soon enough.

Cheers,

David
Old 22nd September 2005, 09:19

Dan O'Connell will become famous soon enough
Re: NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Part

I'm looking forward to this one, about my OTHER favorite german plane ;-)
Old 22nd September 2005, 11:20
In Memoriam

Eric Larger

Hello David

Thanks for these kind words .

Now just very few weeks to wait . I can say nothing regarding the time spent on the project with Marc and Tomas .

As you mentionned in your post , the project initially planned for one book was split in 2 complementary issues . One of the main reason was the fact that we were able to get much more material than thought at the early stages of this projet which was also a human and friendship adventure .

New material , means , extra text, extra photo captions , extra drawings and we did not want to sacrifice the main purpose of this study , to propose earlier , unpublished material .

As said on JaPo site , this first issue will cover general information on Fw 190D-9 concerning the markings and the camouflage schemes , and will review in detail the markings and camouflages, of Focke Wulf built Fw 190Ds (Fw 190D-9 & Fw 190D-11) .

The subject of the second volume is easy to guess !

We include, as announced , a loss list of the identified Focke Wulf built Dora-9s .

This forthcoming book , if the first half of a common work initiate 11 years ago with Marc and filled a large part of our free time since then , and even more when elaborating the books themselves !

One more time

Many thanks for your post

Eric Larger
Old 22nd September 2005, 12:40

Micke D

Finaly I seems ready!
I really hope that it will be on sale soon; I think that we have been waiting much too long already!

Eric: Do you know if there will be a long wait for Part 2?
Old 22nd September 2005, 13:05
In Memoriam

Eric Larger

Hello Mike

Yes it will be on sales soon .

We know that people were expecting it sooner , but I can say to you it is worthy to wait .

Reading it could take few days , ellaborating it, with the level we wanted to achieve, tooks much much longer always too much for reader , always not enougth for authors to be as perfect as we want it to be .

Be just aware that producing such a book is not as simple as a roman . You have to deal with text, maps , photo captions , technical drawings , colour profiles , tables , original documents . And everything has to fit with everything . And we do it on our free time .

So volume 2 is on its way , it will not be issued in 3 years , I can promise it to you , but it will take some monthes to be ready . I can say in year 2006 .

In any way we are very pleased that some of you are waiting for our work.
All the best

Eric Larger
Old 22nd September 2005, 16:31

gibsonfndr is on a distinguished road

"As said on JaPo site , this first issue will cover general information on Fw 190D-9 concerning the markings and the camouflage schemes , and will review in detail the markings and camouflages, of Focke Wulf built Fw 190Ds (Fw 190D-9 & Fw 190D-11) .

The subject of the second volume is easy to guess ! "
errr ... "non FW built" ?
Old 4th December 2005, 08:20

Floyd S. Werner, Jr. is on a distinguished road

Eric,
Just bought the book today. Fabulous! Excellent work to all of you. It is even better than the 109 book by JaPo.
I do have a question though, are you going to cover the D-13. I noticed a brief description of the camo colors but is there anything else in the coming volume?
Thanks again for an excellent resource.
Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
Old 4th December 2005, 10:36
In Memoriam

Eric Larger
Re: NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Pt. 1

Thanks Floyd

Yes we will cover Fw 190D-13 in second volume , of course.

Interesting machine , Its camouflage was to be studied .

All the best

Eric
Old 6th December 2005, 14:12

Pitbiker is on a distinguished road
Re: NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Pt. 1

Today is a beautiful day. Their book arrived! With page through the book got I goose skin. It got the first place in my book collection. Thank you for your perseverance is a large work.Pit
Old 29th September 2005, 08:06

John P Cooper
Talking Re: NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Part

SUPER! I have been waiting fr this book for some time now actually ever since Dave told me about it!

BTW Dave I still and working on that project you helped me develop an outline for! Currently family life has slowed me down but still smal bits here and there.

Cheers