Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th August 2012, 07:03

Oberst is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Oberleutnant Otto Schultz of II./JG 51

Oberleutnant Otto Schultz was appointed gruppe commander of II./JG 51 on 24.12.44. Is there any more information on him after this date? Did he fly with II./JG 52 when II./JG 51 was disbanded? Many thanks.

Oberleutnant Otto Schultz on the right behind driver:

Old 14th August 2012, 09:14

NoNo01 is on a distinguished road
Re: Oberleutnant Otto Schultz of II./JG 51

Hello Oberst,

Aders/Held mention in there book "Jagdgeschwader 51 Mölders" that after disbandment - my translation - "at least seven Flugzeugführer, including Oblt. Schultz and Oblt. Stedtfeld, where transfered to Lechfeld for training on Me 262."

Also there´s no mention of him in Bernd Barbas book "Die Geschichte der II. Gruppe des Jagdgeschwaders 52".

Maybe this helps a little

Norbert
Old 14th August 2012, 09:30
Alter Hase

Nokose will become famous soon enough

I believe that Andrew Arthy was collecting information on the history of the II/JG51 at one time but has other projects going right now. Still waiting for their book on the Courland air war.
Old 18th August 2012, 16:34

Andrew Arthy will become famous soon enoughAndrew Arthy will become famous soon enough

Hi guys,

Yes, I am working on a history of the II. Gruppe of Jagdgeschwader 51, and was fortunate to get in contact with the family of Otto Schultz. We also conducted three lengthy interviews with Karl Rammelt, who provided a lot of help and information.

I'm now focusing my attention entirely on the Air War Courland book, while Morten is about to start writing our next Focke-Wulf 190 in Italy volume, based on our recently completed research for that book.

We'll be posting regular updates about our book projects on the Air War Publications Facebook page, www.facebook.com/airwarpublications, so please 'like' that page to stay up to date with our progress.

Cheers,
Andrew A. (and Morten)

Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com