Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Obituaries

Obituaries Please use this forum to post obituary listings and death notices.

Old 13th October 2008, 14:11

Keizer Cali
Eric Larger has passed away

Dear all,

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that my dear friend and co-author Eric Larger has passed away very unexpectedly during the night of Thursday 10 October. Only hours before we had been co-ordinating our next meeting later this year to discuss the work on, and compare material and notes for Part III of “Focke-Wulf Fw 190D – Camouflage & Markings”.

Eric and I met some fifteen years ago at the UK IPMS National Convention, and at the end of the second day we not only had founded our friendship, but were also firmly committed “to do something” with our documents, photographs, lists, etc. on the Fw 190D-9. We both wanted to build upon the experience and information shared by people that we truly considered our mentors on the theme – people like Jean-Yves Lorant, Eddie Creek, Jerry Crandall, Ken Merrick, et. al. – and ten years later this culminated in the first of our “Fw 190D – Camouflage & Markings” books.

We shared many other interests and had established concrete plans on preparing other publications – all this has now come to an abrupt halt.

I have lost a good friend, and the aviation research and modelling community a talented contributor, but above all it is a devastating loss for his wife Pascale and their three children, to whom he was a wonderful husband and a great father – may they all be in your prayers and thoughts.

Marc Deboeck
Old 13th October 2008, 15:25

loiclemarchand is on a distinguished road
Re: Eric Larger has passed away

Marc,
What a sad new, I was not aware about his death, Again last week I was in contact with him, Do you know what's happened ? Very sad new...

Regards
Loic
Old 13th October 2008, 16:21

Franck Oudin
Unhappy Re: Eric Larger has passed away

Hi Marc,
i just learn this really sad news this morning and i am really sad,Eric and I have done some very good project together,and it's terrible to not be able to carry on, it was such a pleasure meeting him at last ,last year in Telford with you.

I will miss him very much,and i hope that his wife and kids will go throught this very difficult moment.

Best regards FRANCK.
Old 13th October 2008, 17:50

George Hopp

How very sad! He and the rest of the group in the Czech Republic have been doing wonderful work on the 109G and the Fw 190.

Perhaps we should also take this as a wake-up call to those of us with projects in the mill, to get to work because we may not be around for as long as we hope to be.

He will be greatly missed.
George Hopp
Old 13th October 2008, 17:53

RolandF is on a distinguished road

That´s sad news indeed...

What a loss for his family - my deepest condolences.

And what a loss for all Luftwaffe enthusiasts - both for his expert knowledge such as the human being

Roland
Old 13th October 2008, 18:34
Alter Hase

Pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the worst news I have hear last time Eric was great man and very good friend. One of the best person I have met. Very kind and open to cooperation. Last few months he spent much of time on my forum and learn much about the aviation digital art. Must say that his first digital clor profile was glorious!

I still can not belive that this happen but... this is the life. My deep condolence to his family and friends. He willstay forever in our hart and memorie.

Srecko Bradic

Owner: www.sreckobradic.com
Owner: www.warplanes-zine.com
Email: srecko.warplane@gmail.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/LetLet...s/308234397758

Last edited by Pilot; 13th October 2008 at 18:43. Reason: did not upload image
Old 13th October 2008, 20:23

PhilippeDM
Eric Larger brutally passed away!

I just read the news in Aeroforum. He brutally passed away 48 hours ago. I'm flabergasted. What a horrible loss. My toughts are with his family, his wife and three kids.
He helped me while I was searching for new work. I will never forgot his marvelous help. He maintained my courage at high level.

My deepest condoleances to his family

Philippe

Philippe
Old 13th October 2008, 20:51

mars
Re: Eric Larger brutally passed away!

What do you mean "brutally" passed away ?
Old 13th October 2008, 21:13
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

I have been informed about his sudden death yesterday in a short e-mail sent by his wife and brother. What can I say, I was speechless! I just didn't have the force to break this very sad news in public.

Eric wrote me his last e-mail on October 9, 2008 at 6:04:27 PM. Several hours later he was gone. Incredible! I kept sending him scans from a Flugbuch he had shown interest in, without of course knowing what had happened, and he had promised to send me a CD on this past Saturday...
Such is life, I guess, but it's still hard to swallow it.

In closing, let his last sentence from most probably his last e-mail sent related to his/our hobby, stand here as testimony for his great character and generousity:

"Hope the CD will be helpful for your researches, and one more time I am very pleased to be able to help you.

Eric"

Rest in peace, Eric.

Last edited by Dénes Bernád; 13th October 2008 at 23:03.
Old 13th October 2008, 21:15
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough

Marc,

I am deeply saddened by this terrible news. A real loss for our community. Of course our thoughts should go to his close relatives.

John Manrho.