Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 1st January 2009, 05:34

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough
Issue 1 - Air Strike Magazine

..billing themselves as the world's first entirely 'free' HD downloadable Aviation History magazine, to appear quarterly. French language only it would appear (for now). Issue 1 is here

http://sre-editions.com/

Free registration required, then look for the red 'Page de Téléchargement' link to download an 88 page PDF file. Articles include a P-51 dossier, Doolittle Raid, Su 37, Soviet losses in Afghanistan et etc. High quality profile artwork from Gaetan Marie.

Issue 2 will be a Luftwaffe Jets special

Is this the future of niche publishing..? What about copyright issues ?

Usual disclaimer......

Last edited by FalkeEins; 1st January 2009 at 15:25.
Old 1st January 2009, 14:38

SteveB is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Issue 1 - Air Strike Magazine

Hi there

Thanks for the heads up on this Air Strike looks interesting. I am sorry to say that my command of French is only marginally better than my IT skills. The site seems to require that you download some new software "Megaupload" before you can download the magazine. Am I correct? I don't want to do that especially when I don't understand why I need it.

Happy New Year

Steve
Old 1st January 2009, 15:22

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

No software download required. The 'Télécharger ASM' link takes you to a Megaupload page (file-sharing host), follow the on-screen instructions...

I guess if you register - since nothing's for free- you'll be bombarded with spam. Can't quite work out what they are selling..photo packs, calenders, E-books of copyright free WWII images. There's some advertising but not a lot....

Last edited by FalkeEins; 1st January 2009 at 17:55.
Old 26th March 2009, 12:18

Stephen-SRE is on a distinguished road

Hello

I am the editor of AirStrike Magazine, I just want to tell you that the inscription on SRE-Editions is totally free, and without spam! You don't need to download additional software to read the magazine. It is totally free because we are not a company but a group of enthusiasts who want to share there passion with our readers. Our goal is not to make money. An English translation is under consideration but it will take time because I am not very good in English ...

Best Regards