Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 2nd December 2012, 19:58
Alter Hase

steve sheridan
Re: Seeking photo(S) of Stab I./KG152 - Stab II./KG1 He111Hs from the late-summer or fall of 1939

Evening Peglar, thanks for the additional crew names i was missing.

Kindest regs,
Steve.
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:30
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Re: Seeking photo(S) of Stab I./KG152 - Stab II./KG1 He111Hs from the late-summer or fall of 1939

Steve:

*"16 June 1940: 3./KG1 Heinkel He111H-3. Landed on one engine following collision with Oberlt Feilitzsch between Chartres and Nogent-le-Rotrou. FF Uffz Gottfried Rensinghoff, BO Uffz Herbert Kuhn, BM Uffz Karl Schmidt, BF Gefr Johannes Michel, and BS Flgr Paul Hartmann all unhurt. Aircraft V4+FL 50% damaged but repairable."

Does anyone have photos either of this a/c after landing or the crashed a/c of the other He111 involved in this incident:

"
3./KG1 Heinkel He111H-3. Collided with Uffz Rensinghoff and crashed between Chartres and Nogent-le-Rotrou. FF Oberlt Wolfgang von Feilitzsch, BM Fw Heinz Bertelsmeyer, HB Uffz Herbert Wolfs, BF Uffz Werner Schubert, and BS Gefr Rolf Hart all captured unhurt – later released. Aircraft V4+GL 100% write-off."

Regards,

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:36
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

Horst,

Here is our entry from 7 April 1940, for which we'd also like to locate a photo of this a/c:

"3./KG1 Heinkel He111H-3. Hit a tree shortly after take-off and crashed 2 km east of Giessen. FF Lt Wilhelm Zickelten, BO Lt Hans Morgenstern, BF Oberfw Hans Rössel, and BM Uffz Ernst Müller all killed. Aircraft V4+BL 100% write-off. (Unfallliste)
Alternative sources report five crewmen killed aboard this aircraft"

Regards,

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:37
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

Hello,

This has wandered away from the original question asked in this post, for which I still don't have a resolution. This is important for the EoE profile project, so please refer back to my original post to see if we can find some photography to allow us to complete our profile packages for this unit.

Regards,

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator
Old 2nd December 2012, 21:20

Peglar is on a distinguished road

Not the Original Question.. but found some Pictures of the He 111 Crash of 6./KG 55 G1 + AP.

Greetings peglar
Old 3rd December 2012, 00:35
Alter Hase

steve sheridan

Evening Larry, many thanks for the information on Rensinghoff's loss from the EoE files.

Regards,
Steve.