Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 8th May 2018, 11:53
Alter Hase

researcher111 will become famous soon enough
Re: Soviet Sub B-1 "Sunfish" sunk by British Coastal Command

Rainer

You did not read my previous post till the end , I did not say the Lib crew
attacked on purpose , I spoke about other scenarios in addition I am not
trying to tell nothing , I am saying what the Russian sources saying but of
course in your opinion they are all wrong .

Since you speak German maybe you should get in touch with his son , he
may tell you more about his dad's doubts.

http://nts-hamburg.de/lektorinfo.php?p=29

I did not talk about rescue but salvage of the sub such as the Kursk
was salvaged later on .
Old 9th May 2018, 22:48

James A Pratt III is on a distinguished road

I would like to point out the USN lost the submarines Seawolf and Dorado to "friendly fire " during WW II. There are some accounts that speculate the Dorado may have been a victim of a mine from the U-214. There were also numerous other incidents where US submarines were attacked by "friendly forces". As one US Sub commander said after he was told he was attacked by a friendly aircraft. The plane was "No friend of mine" or words to that effect.
Old 9th May 2018, 23:04
Alter Hase

Just for the record I am fully aware of numerous friendly fire incidents on Land , Sea and Air since WWII and up to present conflicts , this is however was not what I referred to .
Old 10th May 2018, 01:46

Rainer is on a distinguished road

Kursk sank to a depth of 100 meters in the Barents Sea, the B-1 was lost in a part of the Norwegian Sea that is over 1000 meters deep. As hard as it may sound, the VMF and the Admiralty had certainly other priorities than to search for a single submarine that was reported missing - about 100 Soviet and 76 British submarines had been lost during the Second World War.

In your first post of this thread you asked about any updates from British archives about this incident. Bruce and I provided the latest historical findings from primary British and German sources about this event, but you keep speculating vaguely about something I still don't understand. If Fisanovitch sent radio messages about his concerns to VMF it should be possible to find them in Russian archives to know what he worried about.

Crew member of http://uboat.net
Old 10th May 2018, 10:46
Alter Hase

To get it straight on record ,I don't speculate and I never speculated while
working with my historical research , I have general knowledge about subs
unlike in your case I have no family members who served in the Navy , I am aware about many
friendly fire incidents , I am aware about British , American , Russian and many other friendly
fire incidents , pilots at fault , pilots not at fault who later on were blamed for wrong doing even
about your Luftwaffe bombing Freiburg in Breisgau instead of a French target.....and all
this without use of Internet .

In this case I say what Russian sources say , I am awaiting feedback as into his
objections from sources in Russia , as mentioned earlier on his son lives in Hamburg
and he could answer some of your questions .
Old 13th May 2018, 10:37

jonny956 is on a distinguished road

I have read this thread several times now and I am still no clearer as to what the originator is actually after?
Whatever the goal is, researcher111's posts indicate his belief in the potential for nefarious dealings by someone (on the UK side). Whether this is the intent, or whether something has been lost in translation, I am not sure, but the term 'conspiracy theory' appears alive and well.