Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 15th May 2018, 09:08

Pawel Burchard is on a distinguished road
Re: Captured German planes, not from eBay

Regarding Ju 290 A-7 photo - probably 0186/A3+OB

p.
Old 15th May 2018, 09:26
Alter Hase

ju55dk will become famous soon enough

Skrydstrup Ju 88 is a G-6 not G-7. A lot of the photoes are well known in Denmark both units and exact locations.

Junker
Old 15th May 2018, 11:09
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Taube and Tyske fly aside. I understand the languages on both sides of original "The Brige" (and did not need text with Borgen), and used just "fly" as searchword long time ago today and found all Stig mentioned, also all them wreked Bv 138 color Dia shots at Köbenhavn.

http://samlinger.natmus.dk/search?q=fly

Besides : I can inform those of you who come across an USAAF marked B-17G lying on belly on very smooth white (Ice) field with an UC-64 Norseman beside it - shot taken from an C-46/47 then its not "island" but "Grönland" in background and East Coast near Skjöldungen to be exact. 42-97854 was on way to 390th BG in Britain, but got lost after very bad navigation (if any) but was lead in by Contract Carrier Curtiss C-46 Commando of NEA Capt. Dana (flight Narsasuaq to Keflavik Meeks Field weekly "Milk run" from Boston MA). No, that B-17 is not waiting there still with the key in the lock.
Quite right Ed

I thought writing 'tyske fly' would narrow down the search finds, but it seems to be rather the opposite. Tyske fly: 7996 hits, fly: 1060 hits....
Perhaps looking through all 7996 is a bit to much for most of us...

Anyway, I am looking forward to go through them. Let's see how far I get...

Cheers
Stig
Old 15th May 2018, 13:37
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Comment #5
No, the museums should consult experts. Not let public do the job for them.
Hmmm And do you know one?
Old 15th May 2018, 15:24
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouidjat View Post
... Hmmm And do you know one?
Paid for yes, not paid for, no. "Free on Internet" is paving way for killing off that experts (like photograpers, journalists, expert researchers, authors, musicians etc. etc.) can live off their work. But nothing is in fact free, all comes at a price.

Then why dont do it the professional way from start.

Example. Like one museum in East Anglia. Holds lots of interesting stuff - but has no facilities for viewing on their premises. Has no funds for running, likely income in area does not provide enough taxes for allocationg funds to museums.. One is forced (no other options?) order time in viewing room in central city, tenths of miles away, have items transferred there in advance - but readings rooms are small, frequintly full, and have greatly reduced opening hours and open just four days per week. Caveat not going there or doing that. Price: One less tourist in area. Less income in local shops. Less pasengers on trains. Less nights sold at local Hotels. Less sales in restaurants in area. Less income in taxes. Do that x-many times and depression will resault.

One sees it also in published books and articles in that country. Poor research (or no research). Photos blown up to cover more pages. Photos likely provided free... then no funds for running photo storage. Little paid for articles, then little income for authors need for food. Then authors starve. Dead authors do not do research. Caveat: No new research.

Last edited by edNorth; 15th May 2018 at 15:35. Reason: typos
Old 15th May 2018, 15:33
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju55dk View Post
Skrydstrup Ju 88 is a G-6 not G-7. A lot of the photoes are well known in Denmark both units and exact locations.
Junker
Ok, but where are the resaults for all that.
Where are the lists of exact locations and W.Nrs..
I have several danish books on this.
But they are old and provide few details.
Old 15th May 2018, 15:40
Alter Hase

It's possible to write comments, as I have done in most cases, but sadly the original ones are newer changed:-(

Junker
Old 15th May 2018, 15:51
Alter Hase

Ah, people in charge are not able people. Likely they are fighting spam comments and can not see any need for real info. Maybe they themselves wrote that text and find comments insaulting.
Old 15th May 2018, 15:57
Alter Hase

Post 2 All Aalborg-West. Post 3 Fw 190 Grove. Post 6 Si 204 Aalborg-West, Ju 88 G-6 Faarhus NJG 4 and last two are Skrydstrup. Post 7 Fw 190 not Aalborg but Grove SG 151, bücker and Ju 52 are Bøtø, and the Ju 88 are from Kastrup.

Junker
Old 15th May 2018, 16:53
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Ed and Junker:
It appears that this very long series of free available pictures is very new/recent according people who use to open this site.

It's a new service and does concern the whole museum collection; not only planes, not only WWII but folklore, archeology, tradition, history, old roman money, coins, paintings and so on ... as you can discover by yourself.

I think and guess we can't - for the moment - expect a lot from them. And yes, when you make and send correction(s) maybe they don't care because the job is far to be finished, because they don't have the time to check correction whatever the reason.

The only one I know so far who use to check in this collection, going in physically, is our friend Soren who run his own site using the document he "fished" in museum collection.

So, be indulgent with them.

I do not intend to correct something, I just discovered this site and its browser which doesn't seem to have been "calibrate" for my/our purpose... Starting by "Messerschmidt" giving you some answers and "Messerschmitt" giving you other answers ...

To make short it's a "work in progress stuff" !

Regards,
Franck.