Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > Wanted

Wanted Please place your wanted ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 27th October 2021, 02:28

KM1957 is on a distinguished road
Ninth Air Force fighters D-Day markings photos

I am working on a draft for possible publication (fingers crossed) concerning the Ninth Air Force fighter operations on June 6, 1944. While I have well over 600 photos of Ninth AF fighters, only about 25-30 show full D-Day striping; lots of post D-Day partial stripes but very few full stripe shots. If anyone has leads I can pursue, or anyone has photos they would like to share (whether by buying, trading or whatever will work), please let me know either by private message or TOCH. I am asking only for non-copyright pictures to avoid problems down the road, so please don't pull things of other websites or make scans from other books. I also have been thru the NARA II files. I am not expecting freebies and regardless how the photos can be obtained, credit would be given in the book for the source. Thanks!

Kent
Old 24th February 2022, 16:39

KM1957 is on a distinguished road
Re: Ninth Air Force fighters D-Day markings photos

Just an update to the earlier post. It looks like the book will be published so am finishing up details and starting captions. I still am in need of aircraft photos showing full D-Day stripes and the following five pilots; Robert Sipe and Jack Martell (365th Fighter Group), Arthur Krause and William McGowan (366th Fighter Group) and Joseph La Rochelle (371st Fighter Group). Thank you.

Kent