Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 23rd August 2005, 20:50

Dean M. Wick is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe in Focus

Hi Folks: This is a Question for anyone familiar with the above stated publication. I had read a translated review recently,I believe on volume#6, which made reference to a listing of Herbert Kutscha's Victory claims.On checking the website I see it is sold out.Can anyone enlighten me , if this list is in one of these volumes,and if so,Which one? I am curious to check a date for a Swiss Bf-109 claim,as well as his other claims with II/ZG-1. Thanks. Dean
Old 24th August 2005, 11:38

Von Alles
Re: Luftwaffe in Focus

Hi,

yes, there is a short biography in LiF #6, not thruly a victory list.
About the "Swiss" victory, it is said : "on 8 June 1940, over the border area with neutral Switzerland, aircraft of 5/ZG 1 engaged Swiss-flown Bf 109s, one of which was shot-down by Kutscha.."
Do you want a scan of this page ? If yes, please send me your e-mail address.
Friendly,
Von Alles
Old 24th August 2005, 20:40

Dean M. Wick is on a distinguished road
Re: Luftwaffe in Focus

Von Alles: Thanks for your kind offer.I've been trying to sort out for some time now if Kutscha's "claim" occured on June 4th, or june 8th/40, both dates that II/ZG-1 were involved in intentional neutrality violations. I have been able to find potentially 2 other "claims" for Swiss '109's on June 8th. Still looking for the claim against the Swiss recce A/C also down that day.E-mail is dean.wick@sympatico.ca. Cheers. Dean