Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 4th March 2023, 01:38
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: Battle of Britain Then and Now - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Was After The Battle Publications bought by Pen & Sword?
Yes.

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 4th March 2023, 01:38
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Outstanding opportunity for those who were too young to get in on the original Winston Ramsey Then and Now edition some 30 to 35 years ago!

L. deZ.

It was published in 1980, Larry.

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Old 4th March 2023, 01:40
Alter Hase

Quote:
I am pleasantly surprised to the fact that ATB would still publish new books, great news !
The ATB imprint is still being run by P&S, Rob Green having moved from ATB to P&S so that there is someone who is fully conversant with the ATB style and format.

Old 4th March 2023, 01:52
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Well, well...
Are the EOE contributors going to be credited for their substantial contributions to the loss data?
Small sample:

Western Front

1./BordFlSt. 196 Arado Ar196A-2 (0066). Crashed on landing at Schellingwoude following anti-submarine patrol off the Dutch coast 10.32 p.m. BO Lt zur See Johannes Nowrat and FF Uffz Johannes Schminde both unhurt. Aircraft T3+CH 65% damaged - write-off. (KTB via RS)
(Note: Revised per 4/18/18 PC email)

John you should check the copyrights to this stuff...before it will be too late...
Look Robert, you've criticised everything I've done for years. So back off. You have delivered NOTHING in print, and hung your hat on Larry.

So keep your nose out of this Project, unless YOU personally have copyright on EVERY SINGLE SECTION of BoBT&N from its issue to the public in 1980. AND you copyright on every single piece of updated material now available.

So now that you pet Project has disappeared into the ether, I suggest you contact the MoD, the Deutsche Dienstelle (WASt), BAMA, the Imperial War Museum, the Royal Aircraft Establishment, and myriad other organisations, and claim you have copyright over THEIR material. And Peter Cornwell while you are at it (good luck with that!). And the Weiss collection, that you DID NOT purchase, Larry did. Don't take me on, I know a hell of a lot more than you have ever realised with regard to the EoE Project and collection, and my connection with Larry EVER before you became involved.

Just disappear, you whinger...

Old 4th March 2023, 01:56
Alter Hase

Quote:
I would say it should not, Battle of Britain should only include the battle over Britain and its surrounding area , it should not include losses of RAF and Luftwaffe in the clashes over the sea near Europe mainland or the RAF's losses suffered in their bombing offense against German target in the Europe in the same time period of the the Battle of Britain, that should belong to another fought at the same time of BoB.
In simple terms, mars, the update will follow exactly the format of the 1980 edition with regard to losses on both sides.

Old 4th March 2023, 02:00
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwest2 View Post
Who holds the EOE data? That project was never published.
The family.

Last I heard, from a VERY reliable source, was that the complete EoE collection was up for sale. I will not state what the asking price was.

Old 4th March 2023, 02:06
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Mars,
That was one minor example of what was supplied by many contributors in private email discussions to improve EOE loss lists, there are numerous other examples of losses and major amendments contributed by others that will undoubtedly be covered by the Battle of Britain Then and Now's area of interest.
Are you thick? You DO NOT have copyright over an RAF loss or a Luftwaffe loss that occurred in 1940.

You are simply not tuned into the fact that MANY researchers have exchanged information for decades. I get the impression that you think that information you have from an official organisation automatically becomes your copyright! EVERYTHING that was found became vested in the EoE Project. It's not yours. That's why the relative of Larry's did not answer my e-mail request to return all that I had physically provided. They're not interested in me, you, or anyone else. Get real!

Jeez!

Old 4th March 2023, 08:21
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

What I meant John is 4 books plus another 7 is quite a bit of money to splash out. Add to that Simon’s Combat Archive series which I think is up to 12 volumes/15 Sep 40………
Old 4th March 2023, 08:48
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

As ever, personal grievances are best fought out off-board, please. This is a really interesting (and unexpected) project and I’m sure that members want to see discussion of it continue.

And John, if there’s anything from my ULTRA and the Battle of Britain research that you want chapter & verse for, I’m happy to oblige.
Old 4th March 2023, 08:52
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goss View Post
What I meant John is 4 books plus another 7 is quite a bit of money to splash out. Add to that Simon’s Combat Archive series which I think is up to 12 volumes/15 Sep 40………
Not to mention Ian Castle’s excellent books (two so far, covering 1914–16) on the Great War raids on Britain …