Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th August 2005, 16:05

Michal
NJG 102 on Januar 26 1945

Hallo,

does somebody have aditional informations about these crashes of NJG 102? All planes crashed in Bohemia.

Flugzeugnotlandungen

26.1., 13.00 Uhr: Luftwaffenflugzeug Bf 110, Kennzeichen 7J-IE, Nr. 740206, bei Schweinitz, Bez. Budweis. Ursache: Treibstoffmangel. Flugzeug stark beschädigt. (Trhové Sviny, okres České Budějovice)

26.1.: Luftwaffenflugzeugen Bf 110, 7J-XF, bei Sabiedow, Bez. Neu Bidschow. Ursache: Treibstoffmangel. Flugzeug gering beschädigt. (Zábědov u Nového Bydžova)

26.1., 18.00 Uhr: Luftwaffenflugzeug Me 110, Kennzeichen 7J-SS, bei Bischkowitz, Bez. Melnik. Ursache: Motorschaden. Flugzeug stark beschädigt.
(Byškovice u Mělníka)

Thanks a lot for reply

Michal
Old 20th September 2005, 09:38

Balazs Garai is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: NJG 102 on Januar 26 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal
Hallo,

does somebody have aditional informations about these crashes of NJG 102? All planes crashed in Bohemia.

Flugzeugnotlandungen

26.1., 13.00 Uhr: Luftwaffenflugzeug Bf 110, Kennzeichen 7J-IE, Nr. 740206, bei Schweinitz, Bez. Budweis. Ursache: Treibstoffmangel. Flugzeug stark beschädigt. (Trhové Sviny, okres České Budějovice)

26.1.: Luftwaffenflugzeugen Bf 110, 7J-XF, bei Sabiedow, Bez. Neu Bidschow. Ursache: Treibstoffmangel. Flugzeug gering beschädigt. (Zábědov u Nového Bydžova)

26.1., 18.00 Uhr: Luftwaffenflugzeug Me 110, Kennzeichen 7J-SS, bei Bischkowitz, Bez. Melnik. Ursache: Motorschaden. Flugzeug stark beschädigt.
(Byškovice u Mělníka)

Thanks a lot for reply

Michal
Dear Michael,
My name is Balazs Garai, I am 27 years old. I write from Hungary, Budapest.
Unfortunately I do not write very well English, better for me to talk. I am so happy to heard something about the NJG 102 German Night fighers unit. I also searching all of the information about Night Fighter Groups. (German, Hungarian). I would like to complete the little story.
My Grandfather - Kalman Garai - was a pilot in the 5/1 Hungarian Night Fighter Squadron.
His rang was a sergeant. Unfortunatly he passed a way in May 1992.
He was a pilot in this squadron from the begining 04. 1943. to end of the WWII.
In 23 September 1944, the - first parts - of the 5/1 Hungarian Night Fighter Squadron went to Silesia to Ohlau airport (now is in Poland, Oława) to learn how fly by Messerschmitt Bf-110 G-4. In this time few pilots were dead by an accident. (serg. Frigyes Barák pilot – Joszef Nagy gunner at 12. 10. 1944. serg. Lajos Göcsei pilot - István Loósz gunner at 06. 12. 1944 ).
They teacher unit was the NJG102/6.
The - first parts of the 5/1 Hungarian Night Fighter Squadron came back to Hungary in 22. 12. 1944. From this day used the brand new Bf-110 G4 night figthers. They had total just 12-13 pieces.
The - second parts - of the 5/1 Hungarian Night Fighter Squadron, went to Ohlau at 24. 12. 1944. (Christmas). (Including my Grandfather) They were there until end of Januar 1945. Begin of Februar they went to Prag-Kbely airport by train together with the I/NJG102 and II/NJG102. These units were together until middle of March 1945.
In this time for the German Luftwaffe didn’t have fuel, and the hungarians didn’t fly almost nothing. One of the rare flying was, when lieutenant István Rózsa pilot and his gunner serg. László Hancsics disappert, they crashed, (maybe in Bohemia) and they come back just few days later to the squadron.
About middle of March came the obey: Joint with the –first parts of the Hungarian Night Fighters in Wiener Neustadt in Austria.
From this time started finish the war for the Hungarians. They leaved the Bf-110G4’s in Austria, later the Germans to detonated. And 8. 05. 1945. the Americans caught them in Wittibreuth and in Pocking, and they went to the internment camp.
My Grandfather came back to Budapest end of 1945.
I think the accidents did the NJG102 in 26. 1. 1945. in Bohemia when the Germans fly from
Oels (Ołesnica) (II/NJG 102) and Ohlau (I/NJG102) to Prag.
Probably the weather was so bad.
I check in the Luftwaffe Codes, Markings & Units book the -Kennzeichen Nummers-
7J-IE probably was from the NJG102/19 ????
7J-XF probably was from the IV Stab/NJG102 ???? (First and the second really I dont know)
7J-SS was from the NJG102/8 Squadron.
I wish I could help for you with this little story. If you interesting more what happened with my Grandfather in Czech and in Prag. I can tell more storys or I can send for you few pictures by a-mail.
Sincerely, Balazs Garai
Old 20th September 2005, 10:04

Peter Spoden
Re: NJG 102 on Januar 26 1945

Dear Balazs Garai,

In 1944 I flew as nightfighter in Hungary (Szombathely) and wrote about this in:

http://www.nachtjaegerspoden.de

If you like to e-mail me pls use the e-mail address there.

Herzliche Grüße nach Ungarn - ein tapferes Volk - Peter Spoden
Old 20th September 2005, 10:06
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road

Hello, Balazs

I'm searching aircrashes and losses of October 1944. Have you more details about the training crash of the 12th October, like the rank of Nagy, the aircraft and the crash place ?

Thanks in advance

Laurent
Old 20th September 2005, 10:17

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road

Laurent,

Nagy was Private and the WNr is known (I'll check it) It was a Bf 110 G-4, crashed to the perimeter of the Ohlau airfield.
Old 20th September 2005, 10:50

Michal

Dear Balasz,

thank you for reply. Yes, I am interested in and I am sending you private message.

As I stated earlier my database is built on local policemen reports so it could be wrong transliteration etc. Solve a question a Stkz. is for me as well difficult. Two of planes crashed in Central Bohemia and it could be en route from Silesia to Prague, but first one crashed in South Bohemia, which is far of Prague and direction from Silesia to Prague.

I have tried to found out something on Lajos Göcsei´plane, but unsuccesfully. For this day I have only three crashes, one is nearby Pardubic, but all of them had happened during day, not night or morning. So as I wrote on this forum, it seems that Göcsei plane didn´t fall on territory of Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren or my evidence is not complete.

Best

Michal
Old 21st September 2005, 09:30

Dear Michael, and everybody

I would like to correct my story:

I wrote for you about end of Januar 1945, This time came the obey: Transfering from Ohlau to Prag-Kbely.

(Maybe the I/NJG102, II/NJG 102 ????- My Grandfather told for me they went together with the Germans) and the –second parts of 5/1 Hungarian Night Fighter Squadron started packed (including my Grandfather), and they went by train to Prag-Kbely. The travelling didn’t go easy. Because first way were always for the armys and the munitions trains.

First city was for them Liegnitz (now in Poland: Legnica) airfield, then they went to some airfield from eight kilometers nord from Łukaszow, the German name I don’t know, because my Grandfather marker his road on his aeroplanmap, and the size of this map 1:1000000, not so punctualy. And of this place name don’t have on the map.

The third city were for them Hirschberg (Jelenia Góra), and after Görlitz (Zhorjelz), and Reichenau (Bogatynia) airfields. On the sixth days they pass the „border” (didn’t have border, because this time everyting belongs to German). Because the Germans also occupied Czech.

After the border they went to Leitmeritz (now and almost always –the name of this city was Litomeřice, and always belongs to Czech).

After this city they arrive to Praga-Kbely. The road was almost 350 km long.

Now in Prag-Kbely has the Aeroplan Museum. Front of this Museum have three army buildings, this were for them the places, where they learned how fly by Bf 110 G4.

(I also were there with my Father and with my twins brother in 1998. In this time the street name was: Mladoboleslavská).

In 1945 for the German Luftwaffe didn’t have fuel, and the hungarians didn’t fly almost nothing. One of the rare flying was, when lieutenant István Rózsa pilot and his gunner serg. László Hancsics disappert, they crashed, (maybe in Bohemia) and they come back just few days later to the squadron.

They had so many empty time, so they started visit the beautiful city. But they felt very well the Czech’s hate all of the occupied solders including the Hungarians. Just little were for them better, because they uniforms were green, and the czech civils know they are not Germans.

For my Grandfather had some little problem, when they visit the city and bars, somebody stole his pistol –probably was one of the Czech civil (partisan), who need more it. If his Hungarian officers would like to control the guns and pistols he would be in a problem, but they didn’ do.

Later came the obey: Join with the –first parts of the Hungarian Night Fighters in Austria. From this time started finish the war for the Hungarians. They leaved the Bf-110G4’s in Austria, later the Germans to detonated. And 8. 05. 1945. the Americans caught them in Wittibreuth and in Pocking, and they went to the internment camp.

Sincerely, Balazs Garai
Old 22nd September 2005, 12:51
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaba Becze
Laurent,

Nagy was Private and the WNr is known (I'll check it) It was a Bf 110 G-4, crashed to the perimeter of the Ohlau airfield.
Thanks, Csaba
Old 27th September 2005, 15:39

Dear Everybody,

5/1 Hungarian Night Fighter Squadron to translate to Hungarian language:

Magyar királyi 5/1. honvéd éjszakai vadász repülőszázad

The members of first parts of the 5/1 Hungarian Night Fighters Squadron:

(They were in Ohlau from 23. 09. 1944. until 23. 12. 1944.)

Pilots:

captain (kapitány) János Hollós -squadron leader (század parancsnok)-

captain (kapitány) Imre Hennyei -first officer (helper for the leader)-

lieutenant’s (főhadnagy): József Bisits, Gusztáv Halmay, László Sági, Albert Seres, József Parcsami

second lieutenant’s (hadnagy): Antal Béres, Tibor Derencsényi, Árpád Papp, Béla Szelényi.

sergeant (őrmester): Lajos Göcsei

sergeant first class (szakaszvezető): Frigyes Barák, József Zimmerman

Gunners:

sergeant’s (tőrzsőrmester): Ernő Döbrössi, Géza Koczka, Gyula Mácsik, Fülöp Sásdi, Sándor Török

sergeant’s: (őrmester): Ferenc Tóth

sergeant First class (szakaszvezető): Károly Fekete, istván Lóosz, Károly Kaszás, József Kecskeméti, János Lázár, Ferenc Muzslai, István Ujhegyi

soldier (honvéd): József Nagy

The members of second parts of the 5/1 Hungarian Night Fighters Squadron

(They were in Ohlau from 24. 12. 1944. until end of Januar 1945, after from Februar 1945 to middle of Marz 1945 in Prag-Kbely)

Pilots:

captain: (kapitány) László Csura -substitute squadron leader (század parancsnok helyettes)-

lieutenant (főhadnagy): József Csortán, Ferenc Szödényi

second lieutenant (hadnagy): László Baán, Gyula Nagy, József Petrikovics, István Rózsa

ensign (zászlós): Lajos Cseh, János Dörflinger, Sándor Székely

sergeant first class (szakaszvezető): Kálmán Garai, László Hellebrant

(Both of them got the sergeant rang end of the war in 1. 05. 1945.)

Gunners:

ensign (zászlós): Pál Borka

sergeant first class (szakaszvezető): József Gaál, György Garzó, László Hancsics, István Kalmár, Gyula Koczka, Imre Sinka, Ferenc Uitz

If somebody need more information I will try to get them.

Sincerely, Balazs Garai