Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > General

General Please use this forum to post feedback, suggestions and problems relating to 12oclockhigh.net

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2005, 15:15
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
To Ruy Horta

Ruy
I understand that the Rules and Guidelines are part of an answer for my question.
Nonetheless, I still lack the answer what to do in case of such threads like
Tunisian losses, which was quite interesting as discussing actual number of losses and reliablity of the German records. Posts made by Christer Bergstroem on March 24th, 2005, 11:28 PM and especially on March 25th, 2005, 01:38 AM had very little if nothing to the subject, they led to locking the thread, however.
I declare not to discuss any post by Christer Bergstroem and to ignore all his posting but
I expect a clear guideline what to do in such cases.
PS Read the subject before posting. I mean that I expect answer from Ruy Horta and nobody else.

Last edited by Franek Grabowski; 26th March 2005 at 15:19.
Old 26th March 2005, 15:30
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: To Ruy Horta

You fail to understand one basic detail.

I do not need to explain my moderating decisions (To Ruy Horta:...).

Future moderating policy will be simple.
  1. target problem post; if more than one person is involved;
  2. target thread, if that doesn't stop the problem;
  3. target involved members
There is a moderating team, when we have to make a tough decision we'll make it together and it will be binding. If our policies and actions are unacceptable there are plenty of other discussion boards and forums to choose from.

My advice to you is to read the guidelines again, if you have a personal issue, take it up with the person in question.

If you feel that a post is provocative, offensive or abusive, report it to a moderator instead of starting an argument.

However, the moderor might not see a problem, if so, please accept his view.

I hope this answers your questions.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 27th March 2005, 01:10

JeffK

Dear fellow Forum Members,

One thing that is forgotten by many contributors is that you are not here to convince the world of your beliefs, but to provide information which can be used as an AID to further understanding the subject.

The fact that two people have differing points of view should not be seen as a battle between then, they BOTH should be learning from each other.

I have studied enough history to understand that there are many colours of the truth, NO ONE understands any situtation completly.

If I could ask Ruy to manage one thing, that is to edit the little comments which either lead postings or are included within them which are aimed at upsetting others. I know that English is not the first language of many here, but test out your context before you post it.

In the end, LEARN from each other, dont try to wave your old feller to prove you're the biggest on the block.
Old 27th March 2005, 14:48

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road

I agree 100% with Jeff, but Ruy knows that. I have been asking Ruy to adopt stricter moderation policies for the past two years. As late as yesterday I sent Ruy a personal message where I asked him why he insists on maintaining any kind of garbage and OT provocations untouched on the board.

If a strict moderator will force people to stick to the topic instead of engaging in reviews of members of this board and their alleged characters, we will gain much.

The present tolerance regarding garbage and personal insults curbs discussion and frightens off certain knowledgable people who are members of the board but avoid posting because they have seen what happens to people here. I refrain from mentioning any names, but I'm sure most people here understand about which people I have in mind.

Couldn't we have a poll with the simple question: Would you like to see a strict moderator policy where any OT attacks directed at a person and his alleged reasons are immediately deleted?

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 27th March 2005, 15:07
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation

Of course you are free to discuss moderating prolicy, or lack thereof, on this forum. Any member can start a poll.

However I will lock this thread, and at least for the time being I hope to see no more "To Ruy Horta" messages.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Closed Thread