Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Obituaries

Obituaries Please use this forum to post obituary listings and death notices.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th April 2009, 23:23

Oxby R is on a distinguished road
Nightfighter Navigator W/Cdr Douglas A Oxby DSO DFC DFM*

My dear old dad W/Cdr Douglas A Oxby DSO DFC DFM* passed away this morning. He had a remarkable life, and was amongst the highest scoring nav/rads of all Allied forces of the Second World War with 22 confirmed enemy aircraft. Dad and I had hoped to publish a book about his war years. We finished it together - but sadly he did not live to see it in print.

The funeral will be in Toronto Canada - probably next week sometime. Will post again when arrangements have been finalised. I'm going to miss my old eagle, you know. atb everyone.

Richard Oxby