Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 20th December 2012, 18:48
Alter Hase

Leo Etgen is on a distinguished road
Hauptmann Helmuth Schulte

Hello

I am wondering if anyone would be able to add details to the following incidents that this 25 victory ace and Gruppenkommandeur of II./NJG 6 was involved in:
  • 30 November 1944: his Ju 88 G-6 "2Z + CC" (W.Nr. 620 139) was shot down in aerial combat over Altenkirchen. His crew were Bordfunker Leutnant Böhme, Bordfunker Oberfeldwebel Herbert Meyer and Bordschütze Oberfeldwebel Hans Fischer.
  • 2/3 February 1945: he was wounded by bomber return fire over Heilbronn.
Would anyone know the first name of Leutnant Böhme and if any of the crew were wounded or injured? Did they bale out of the aircraft or was an emergency landing performed? Any additional loss list details for the second incident would be most gratefully accepted.

Horrido!

Leo
Old 20th December 2012, 20:04
Alter Hase

Matti Salonen will become famous soon enough
Re: Hauptmann Helmuth Schulte

30 Nov 1944:
At 20.20 o'clock. I have Böhme, Hans-Joachim. According to NVM only Ofw Meyer was wounded. The whole crew bailed out.

Matti
Old 20th December 2012, 21:30

DDT is on a distinguished road

Hello Leo,

This is what I found in M.Balss Deutsche Nachtjagd Personalverluste:

2/3 - 2 - 1945:
Hptm. Helmut Schulte vw;FSA
Lt. Böhme uvl;FSA
Uffz. Friedrich Fischer uvl;FSA
(88G,2Z+AC)
Durch feindl. 4-mot abgeschossen bei Heilbronn.
During this flight only 3 crew members, the first name of Lt. Böhme is known thanks to Matti, but here we have a different surename and rank of the BS.
Perhaps someone else can clear this difference.
Kind regards,

Dirk
Old 20th December 2012, 22:45
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Dirk

If you check Balss book on page 395 you will see he lists Fischer as Friedrich for the Nov 30th incident as well.

Leo
Why Hans?

Cheers
Stig
Old 21st December 2012, 01:30
Alter Hase

Hi guys

Many thanks to all of you for kindly responding to my questions concerning this fellow. I must admit that I saw the name of the Bordschütze stated as Hans in Mosquito Fighter/Fighter-Bomber Units of World War 2 by Bowman describing the incident on 25 May 1944, when his Bf 110 G-4 "2Z + AR" (W.Nr. 730 106) was shot down in aerial combat and crashed in a forest between Zweifall and Mulartshütte, southeast of Aachen. Although he and his Bordschütze Unteroffizer Friedrich Fischer were able to bale out his Bordfunker Unteroffizer Georg Sandvoss was killed. At the time he was Staffelkapitän of 7./NJG 6. The book states that they were shot down by F/Lt Dennis Raby (4 victories) of 239 Sqn, RAF. It appears that Bowman got the name of the air gunner wrong.

Horrido!

Leo
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:48
Alter Hase

RT is an unknown quantity at this point

Leo,

Seems here you hv at least mixed 3 crews ...

Rémi
Old 12th October 2019, 21:40
Alter Hase

Hello guys

I was looking through the excellent Luftwaffe Officers Career Summaries by deZeng and Stankey when I noticed that in the entry for Hauptmann Helmuth Schulte (23 victories, RK) there is mention of an incident that he was involved with while serving with 3.(F)/Aufkl.Gr 21 on 15 March 1941. Is additional information about this available?

Horrido!

Leo