Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 27th April 2006, 13:39

pzopzo is on a distinguished road
Radio plate?

Hello everyone!

I have acquired interesting plate, which is probably a part of some radio sender/receiver. On the plate there are three lines filled with pencil writing. First line: Welle 271. Second line: Datum 18.7.44. Third line: Flugzeug CK+PE (if I read correctly). Besides, there is large, round hole in the center. On the edge of hole is written PATIN BERLIN and around the hole are numbers from 0 to 350. Is it possible to identify the plane, knowing those letters: CK+PE? Please, help.
Old 27th April 2006, 23:43

Tomislav Haramincic is on a distinguished road
Re: Radio plate?

Hello,

OK, let's have a look.
From the Stammkenzeichen CK+PE, your airplane should probably be a Heinkel He111 bomber (confirmed stkzs in this block are CK+PK and CK+PP).
Patin Berlin produced a quite large spectrum of radio and navigational equipment so it could be difficult to determine the exact device from which the plate came. A picture would help.

regards,
Tomislav
Old 28th April 2006, 08:20
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road

Hi, guys.

Too me this sounds like part of a compass. 0 - 350 being the degrees around the rim of this plate.

Patin also sounds familiar as a compass producing company, at least I think they produced the master compasses for Messerschmitt Bf 109 aircraft.

Regards,
Andreas
Old 28th April 2006, 11:52

pzopzo is on a distinguished road

Hello Tomislav and Andreas,

Thanks for Your help! How could I post a picture? I am fresh and need some indication.