Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 19th October 2014, 14:12
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road
Re: Late war Bf 109 pictures source

What happens with you Neil?

These photos were available on eBay auction which is open to ALL.
David use to "clean" them to post them in his site.

Never heard, never seen, that these lasts were yours before and you never did post them on line as far I know.

Can you make me a favor Neil?

Please use your strength an position to make an old friend of mine to be paid for a publication of his work (Two volumes?) which has been published in another language than the original one....

This should be the correct position instead of, suddenly like "un cheveux sur la soupe" losing your time with bad scanned - as you said - eBay pictures which do not make interesting détails to appear properly.

Yours, Franck.
Old 19th October 2014, 14:53

Rasmussen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkeEins View Post
... owner of those images is known and no permission has been granted for their use on the 109 Hangar site
... and? ... is usual by well known authors too ... one of them (maybe it's yours) used one of my pictures in his JG x- volume by an simple copy from the pictures in JFV - series ... he never asked me although my name was written in the Prien - book ... he didn't know that I retouch all my pictures with an personal sign (visible but not recognizable for viewers and known for me only, sorry) ...

Last edited by Rasmussen; 19th October 2014 at 21:06.
Old 19th October 2014, 23:18

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouidjat View Post
What happens with you Neil?

These photos were available on eBay auction which is open to ALL.
David use to "clean" them to post them in his site.
I think its reasonable enough to post them during the auction, but to take them down at the end of the auction when the new owner requests this. After all, David wouldn't dream of spending 1,000 euros on a set of images, would he? But he's happy to 'clean' the images up and post them as if they were his! I think he's got a bloody cheek.. I also think the new owner is perfectly entitled to 'protect' his investment. The new owner of these images and the author you refer to are one and the same person...
Old 20th October 2014, 00:23

Quote:
I also think the new owner is perfectly entitled to 'protect' his investment.
Aha ... and what about my picture(s) in your blog?? Please delete these picture(s).
Old 20th October 2014, 00:41
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point

All right everyone, take your arguments about copyrights, photoshopping, blogs and potential mis-use of photos from various sources off this board!

Those are personal fights and NOT germane to the purpose of this Board.

If you persist, we will take all the threads and posts down and consider some banning. Be warned!
Old 20th October 2014, 14:07

sorry John, but this particular thread actively encourages your first point, so if that's the only way to remove those links to our images posted elsewhere without permission then I'm in favour of your last point ..

as for Rasmussen and his unfounded accusation in post #762....up in arms when the boot's on the other foot.. pathetic!
Old 20th October 2014, 15:56

Quote:
as for Rasmussen and his unfounded accusation in post #762...
Have an look at Mombeek, JG 2 chronicle, p.120, lower picture, and then on Prien JFV vol.3, p.141, and then look for my sign ... great fun Sherlock Holmes.

Your boots are to small for your feets and - please delete my picture(s) from your blog - again (for example the BC+BZ form June 2011) or all your accusations against David Weiß are stupid, hollow twaddle.
Old 20th October 2014, 16:46
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
Your boots are to small for your feets ... all your accusations ... are stupid, hollow twaddle.
Oh for God's sake, can you not understand a simple request from John to take your personal fights elsewhere? Don't you have email?

This is all getting very reminiscent of when my mother used to teach five-year-old children. Please everyone, just take a deep breath and calm down.
Old 20th October 2014, 16:55
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,

As the initiator of this thread, can I add my voice to take your quarrel on a private level? I would very much appreciate we remain focused on useful suggestions and informations.

Cheers
Marc
Old 20th October 2014, 17:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
please delete my picture(s) from your blog .
no problem with that, not that I even know which pictures are yours. Of course we'd appreciate by the same token the removal of our pictures as requested to David Weiß...