Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th March 2024, 19:45
Alter Hase

keith A is on a distinguished road
Smile Commandant Andre Durieux GCII/7

I know this officer led GCII/7 and was involved in some sort of parachute training exercise in the USSR in 1935, but despite leading GCII/7 until replaced in 1942 I have no knowledge of him. Once again, my friends "J'aimerais savoir la carrière" apologies for my very poor French but I think past responses from forumites are very distinctly those who are willing to indulge my attempts to investigate the French air forces in WW2. My phrase is not difficult to translate, I am looking for details of the career of Andre Durieux.

For rugby fans I would say we (Scotland - L'Ecosse suprême) did beat you in the last match. The referee was obviously bribed with Camembert, Cassis and free tickets to the "Moulin Rouge". If you don't beat the English in a week or so then we are looking at the Agincourt argument again. Turning up in cool kit (Boucicault) is not the same as facing a country that thinks wearing tracksuits 24/7 is the height of fashion and mangling the English language like they are grinding the last vestiges of life out of a dying ferret. I'm an Edinburgh Scot and we all know that's the equivalent of coming from Glasgow...

A bas les Anglais, and... Durieux?

Keith