Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 10th December 2014, 03:21

BubbaND1 is on a distinguished road
Mosquito wreck info

Hi

This is my first post in these forums. I am certainly impressed with the wealth of knowledge and resources made available by the members!

I am wondering if anybody can help me find information on a Mosquito that crashed near Bonerath, Germany ? I have no other information other than the location of the wreckage.

Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 12:48

alieneyes1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mosquito wreck info

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-RAF-RCAF...-/231253722348
Old 10th December 2014, 13:32

Thanks for the reply. I recently purchased another piece of this plane from the same seller on e-bay so that is why I am looking for information. He did not have more information but suggested I ask on some of the forums.
Old 10th December 2014, 22:31

Hans Nauta

Dear all,

It occurs to me that a lot of brand new members on forums like this are asking for information, just at the moment or just before an ebay auction of a certain photo or object.

I wonder if they are in fact potential buyers or sellers. I've come across multiple examples of the latter category and noticed several updates in auction descriptions with the aid of info gathered on platforms like this. Kindly provided info used to raise the prices of auctions...

Just a thought,
Hans
Old 11th December 2014, 01:15

I actually bought the item last month. I have attached a screen shot of my communication with the seller which shows the date of sale (11/26/14) and his suggestion that I ask for information at this forum.

I hope this clears things up regarding my intent in asking my questions. I have a nice collection of relics and enjoy doing research on them. Any help with this latest edition to my collection would be great. Thanks!

Attachment 11011
Old 11th December 2014, 01:37
Alter Hase

HGabor has a spectacular aura aboutHGabor has a spectacular aura about

Disgusting price... That piece is definitely not worth that much... and of course shipping to Canada... (Rest of opinion is not for the public.)
Old 12th December 2014, 07:13

Stephen M. Fochuk is on a distinguished road

The seller is a regular on this board for that very reason as you pointed out Hans.
Old 12th December 2014, 19:09

o.k. I now understand people's concern and feelings with the commercial end of things. Having never sold any of my stuff I had never thought of this issue.

For now I will continue reading some of the interesting discussions and information available here and chime in if I have something to add.

Cheers
Old 13th December 2014, 03:38

Horst Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaND1 View Post
Hi

This is my first post in these forums. I am certainly impressed with the wealth of knowledge and resources made available by the members!

I am wondering if anybody can help me find information on a Mosquito that crashed near Bonerath, Germany ? I have no other information other than the location of the wreckage.

Thanks
Good morning Bubba !

The only Bonerath in Germany by my knowledge is located about 11 km southeast of Trier, Germany. By German Luftwaffenkommando files took a belly- landing of a B-17, USAAF s/n 44-6087 (306th BG, 368th BS) place near Bonerath, reported on October 15th, 1944 (See German reports # KU 3190, 3182 and KU 3221 + MACR 9477). All of the crew was unhurt and got POW.

In postwar reports, this event was also reported as taking place at the nearby village of Holzerath.

Unfortunately, I have never heard anything of a Mosquito crash near Bonerath.

Best wishes !

Horst Weber
Old 14th December 2014, 16:01

Thank you for taking the time to look up this information! Perhaps my part is from a b-17 ?? I attached a screen shot in case anybody has any idea what it might be. There is wood attached to the bracket on the left end.

Thanks again!

-Blake