Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > Links

Links Please place your Website Links here, however note that these will only appear after moderation.

Old 17th May 2015, 18:02

WorldWar2Historian is on a distinguished road
WWII Maps

Hey, here is a copy of my post on www.ww2f.com, a few people advised I should post this on this forum as well, as they think you guys would really enjoy it. Also, I could use some help finding some aviation maps to add (I had trouble with this when making the app) so if any of you know any good ones, please feel free to inform me.

I've been a massive History Buff for as long as I can remember, but WWII history has always fascinated me the most. Recently I was reading The Second World War by Antony Beevor (great book -- highly recommend) and noticed a serious deficiency in the number and quality of maps in WWII history books. Because of this I made an iphone app with a huge collection of West Point military WWII maps. Its really helped follow WWII history books better.

You can check out the app here: https://appsto.re/us/x4Mk7.i

The app is titled "WWII Maps"

Here are some screenshots:

screen322x572.jpeg screen322x572.jpegscreen322x572.jpegscreen322x572. jpegscreen322x572.jpeg

You can zoom in, pan, and stuff. Over 100 maps and 20 photographs. Honestly, I love it (and spent a ton of time making and organizing it smile.png) and I think a lot of you guys will enjoy it as well, so I figured I would post this here. Anyways, if any of you do end up getting the app, please feel free to give me some feedback (or possibly even more map addition suggestions) as I really want to make this app as useful as possible for WWII history lovers. Thanks.

Tags
maps, west point, wwii