Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 12th September 2005, 22:47

ArtieBob will become famous soon enough
Re: Bf109 Neubau 1/44 to 3/45

I was off teaching today, but here are replies in sequence:

General:

There are two sources for this data, C-AMT Monatsmeldung and the Gen .Qu.(6 Abt.III C) Flugzeugverteilung for various months from Jan 44 to Mar 45. The data as far as I can tell represents neubau Flugzeug accepted by the Luftwaffe (which would mean after flight test acceptance by BAL).

There is an error in positioning for two rows. The Mttr G 14AS row should total 1270 and the Erla G 14 AS row should total 107.

The bold numbers represent data that was not specific as to location. In some cases this seems pretty clear as no plant other than WNF built G 8 /R5s. Others are possibly split between more than one location. The overall subtype totals should not change.

G.Hopp- You are correct on the positioning of two rows (see above), my mistake when trying o reformat so I could post the table as an attachment here.

Rasmussen- As I noted (see above), two rows were mispositioned, but only two, so the numbers from my data show 107 Erla G 14AS produced, as the bold numbers indicate, the split by plant could be off for Dec 44 , Feb and Mar 45. I had to make a choice of how to present the data, this was my compromise.

Rasmussen- “ I guess the documents are to "old" and wrong or incomplete in many parts”. Hell no! The sources were chronologically correct, from RLM sections that had to do with production and distribution and more definitive than any other overall documentation I have seen! My sources are now identified, where did you get your information?

Olve Dybvig- please note that my table agrees with the data at SIG Norway for Jan-Mar 44 (the only months of the Monatsmeldung that are posted at that site).

Dénes- This being Luftwaffe data, it does not include aircraft directly accepted by Hungary, also, as clearly stated, does not include production prior to Jan 1944 or after Mar 45.

Kurfurst-I frankly don’t care what the Japo 109K book says, where did they get their information? Other than my typo errors incorrectly positioning two lines of data, I have simply tabulated data from two primary sources. I have cross checked these sources against other primary sources and so far, the correlation is very good.

This was sort of a test to see what sort of response presenting some data from primary sources would elicit from the board. I am not going to say a lot more other than when dealing with primary data, one needs to be very careful what you are really looking at. I also believe that in looking at Luftwaffe production data, you must recognize the difference between Neubau, Umbau and Reparatuer. Also prototypes and in some instances null series apparently are not included in totals. Finally, there are a number of reasons some of the numbers may be off, if you can’t figure out how small variances could occur for yourself, then I’m not going to waste my time helping you. The table was a project done during free time when I couldn’t be doing much else, I really don’t give a __ about Bf 109s.

Best regards,

Artie Bob
Old 13th September 2005, 02:01

George Hopp

Quote:
Fact: there was planned to built by Erla the K - 2 ... but: the plan was from November 1943. In January 1944 nobody spoke about the K - 2 but the K-2/R3. In May the complete K-2/R3 production plan was shelved.
Off topic: If you look at the reports on the initial development of the 109K, you will see that it was simply meant to be a more streamlined 109G, still with the DB 605A, and usually equipped with GM-1. And, production was to begin in Jan '44. I guess that the developmental test results of the DB 605AS, as well as of the DB 605G (later DB 605AM) must have changed enough minds that the initial 109K was not proceeded with. At first the new additions to the 605A engine were used individually. The DB 605AS with its 603 supercharger, was installed into already built 109Gs, starting in early 1944, as Umbaus, to create a better high-level fighter. Then the DB 605AM was installed to create the 109G14 and a better low-level fighter. And finally, the 603 supercharger and methanol injection were combined in the DB 605D to be installed in the new 109K (as well as the 109G10), to create a more capable low-, medium-, and high-level fighter.
Old 14th September 2005, 16:10

Seaplanes will become famous soon enough

I have the Flugzeug-Programm Nr. 227 Ausgabe 1 dated 15.12.1944. This give a detailed view of the actual production of new Bf 109s up 30.11.1944 and scheduled deliveries from 01.12.1944. It is broken down on sub-types as well as production facilities. I have added some comments to conversions (Umbau).

If you are interested, send me an e-mail to hafstenb@c2i.net, and I will forward the list to you.
I will not be at home from thursday 15.09.05 to Sunday 18.09.05.