Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 9th July 2023, 14:48
Alter Hase

Brian Bines is on a distinguished road
He 111 7th-May-1945 Hillershausen

A site titled ' The 2nd World War in Northern Hesse ' has a photo of a He 111 which made a belly landing at Hillershausen/Korbach on 7th May . It states that the pilot was a Karl Albert born 1st-May-1920 with he and his crew plus possibly two nurses all surviving and initially trying to evade US forces The pilot and nurses makng for Medebach

The Michael Balss Losses & Claims book has a He 111 from an unknown unit which took off from Rodby-Havn ( Rodbyhavn Denmark) , on a 'home run' making an emergency landing at Medenhagen, Winterberg Sauerland on this day . Showing the pilot as Oblt Jahnke with three crewmen made pows . I assume this is the same incident

I could not find a Medenhagen ( possibly Medebach? ) or an Oblt Janhke from the Officers Careers list with a direct conection to this . Does anyone have any further clarification on the incident please

Regards
Brian Bines