Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 3rd December 2021, 18:04

Many Souffan is on a distinguished road
Re: Death of W/C Lance Wade

Bonjour Andreas.

Yes, I have some materials about Wade's time with 33 squadron during Crusader.

Thank You.

Ps. Don't forget I follow your CRUSADER Project, it's fantastic, even I don't ask or write...

(33) 661 406 013

many.souffan@gmail.com
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:55
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Death of W/C Lance Wade

What a pitty...and tragic end...

I have read on many books, stories and histories of airmen that took off with hangovers and after drinking quite a lot of booze.

Am not sure if he was adict to alcohool, if he used to drink and fly the next day, etc...but could something else, like the belt buckle locking the control; or the seat becoming torn loose or mal-adjusted and interfering with the controls, be the responsible for his crashing?

It simply does not fit at all...most of those young airmem drunk a lot and always flew their missions early in the morning. It "became a routine" for them...at least for some of them. We do know cases and cases of airmen who simply do not put an ounce of alcohol onto their mouths...

Is the "accident card" available somewhere, or the results of the accident investigation board? For me, something else blocked his controls and he was unable to finish the roll or return to an horizontal straight and level flight...

A.