Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 1st June 2005, 05:11

nick de carteret is on a distinguished road
238 Squadron during the Battle Of Britain.

Greetings to everyone as I am new to this discussion board.

I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the direction of locating a source for any surviving photographs relating to this Hurricane Squadron at the time of the Battle Of Britain.

I have a large amount of privately published information on the pilots, including letters home, casualties and important dates etc. but have only ever seen one or two photographs concerning 238.

They were based for the most part at Middle Wallop and Warmwell and were withdrawn to St.Eval in Cornwall for a short time due to heavy losses before re-entering the fray.

Any information on this would be gratefully received. My uncle was the C.O.

Last edited by nick de carteret; 1st June 2005 at 12:22.
Old 1st June 2005, 07:28

Jon
Re: 238 Squadron during the Battle Of Britain.

Hello.

I have sent you a private message, i am also interested in 238 Squadron during the Battle and have ties with Sgt Eric Bann lost on 28th September.

Please contact me.

Jon