Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 5th September 2013, 04:22
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Re: Was there ever any "official" Soviet history written covering Air Force operations during the brief Polish Campaign of Sept., 1939?

ftrbmr,

Thanx for posting this, and the translation key. We will undoubtedly use this as one of the appendices on our EoE PC. Do you have any other resources on the Soviet role in the PC, including any photos of Soviet a/c relating to this subject?

Regards,

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator
Old 6th September 2013, 16:07

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Was there ever any "official" Soviet history written covering Air Force operations during the brief Polish Campaign of Sept., 1939?

Interesting statement, not in the data independent squadrons, to the front flying liaison's zvieno attached to division (3xU-2/Po-2).

mw

PS.
Larry your e-box is full, you need to be emptied. E-mail address I sent you a few days ago.
Old 6th September 2013, 18:35
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

Mirek,

I did get your email address; have just been swamped. Will get back to you later today. Before I responded I needed to know from our EoE Polish translator what was in your book on the subject, so I didn't ask you questions for which we already had the answers.

Thanx for contacting me direct; you'll hear from me shortly.

Regards,

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator
Old 25th January 2014, 16:13

crolick is on a distinguished road

Larry there is very good article by Aleksiej Stepanow Air Force of the Red Army in Polish-Soviet War 1939 from Przegląd Sił Powietrznych IX/2006. Please let me know if you need this source.
Old 25th January 2014, 21:45
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

crolick,

Thanx for the offer. It is appreciated. However, we do have this article and are using the information as needed in our PC project history.

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator
Old 26th January 2014, 16:15

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW
this article written by Alex is old very text from 2000/2001 printed in Russia in Istoria Awacji, and later also reprinted in Lotnictwo 3-4 years later (?). Nearly all the same in both Polish texts. There were not many (if he did any indeed?) correction done by Alex after 2000/2001.

He had done it 14 years ago, very old text. When you have his texts in Russia it is enough. As on 2014 his texts are very old and have very old data. There were edited a few texts later, which make some correction, improvments in his reasearch.

Regards,
mw
Old 26th January 2014, 18:04
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

Mirek,

Thanx for your comments about the "aging" of this article. We are attempting to use all sources available to integrate the Soviet side into our Polish Campaign air-war work insofar as is possible. We're swamped with work right now. We've pretty much finished the Polish side as far as it can be taken (almost 1300-page manuscript), based upon extensive use of every known source. Now were trying to make sure that we have the Luftwaffe material up to the same standards. We've been working on that for seven years and still have a lot to do. We're attempting to map all the significant combat sorties every day during the PC on all sides, but I fear that this is a hopeless task for the Soviet side. Any reference to new sources from that side that become available would be very helpful.

Regards,

Larry Hickey