Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 12th October 2008, 23:47

Erik Mombeeck is on a distinguished road
JG 2 Volume 2

Hello,

I am very pleased to inform you that JG 2 volume 2 has just been released.

The book covers the year 1941... but, unfortunately, for many of yours, it is in French.
Nevertheless, more than 350 photos, most of them never published before, tables (claims, losses), maps, colour artwork, first hand accounts... are easily understandable... or a good occasion to learn one of the most beautiful languages on the earth.

More details on www.luftwaffe.be

Regards

Erik

Last edited by Erik Mombeeck; 13th October 2008 at 13:26.
Old 13th October 2008, 22:03
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
Re: JG 2 Volume 2

Hi Erik

Seems you don't get my messages to your private box.
May I therefor ask if any decision has been taken with regard to publishing also this second JG 2 book in any other language than French?
(I notice with a true joyful heart that your home page states that next year the first JG 2 book will be published in English)

If no, I then have to buy the book in the French language, alhough I will be very handicapped when trying to understand them, beauty or not of the language itself....

Also from a general buying point, is it
a) Easiest for you to buy the product from a book shop or directly from you?
b) Do you make more money if I by the book directly from you even if it costs me a bit more? In this case I am willing to buy the book where YOU earn more even if it costs me some more money...

Cheers
Stig
Old 13th October 2008, 23:58

Hi Stig,

You are right, I was not aware that your message was waiting for me for such a long time. Sorry.

Now, the volume 1 of the English version is ready to go to the printer. I just hope that I will find enough enthusiasts to go further, and publish the second volume too... until the last one.
Nevertheless, it will probably be a year or two before Vol II appears in translation - if at all ..as pointed out elsewhere a release schedule really depends on sales of Vol I and the other books I'm planning to release (which include a new history of JG 26)...

So, if you are a bit patient, wait.

Regarding the way to purchase the future books in English, we will have a bit time to decide, but in all case, for me, the better way will always be "direct from me". This will also be the fastest to get it.

Thanks for your support, Stig.

Best regards

Erik

Last edited by Erik Mombeeck; 14th October 2008 at 09:09.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:00
Alter Hase

focusfocus is on a distinguished road

bonjour,

ravi d'apprendre la sortie du deuxieme volume sur la JG2 et felicitations pour le travail précédent,mais pourquoi ne pas faire le rapprochement entre les victoires et les pertes correspondantes comme pour la JG5?

au-fait des nouvelles sur la suite de la JG5?( volume 3?)

cordialement
Old 15th October 2008, 14:15

Flupke is on a distinguished road

Hello Focusfocus,

I don’t know if you already get your copy ? Mine is here for 2 days and I really love this book. I don’t completely agree with you: in a lot of operations described in details, Erik mentioned what he thought to be the involved opponents. Myself, having created and using a huge data base, I often try to guess who met who, who shot who..., but I must admit that it often remains speculations. I think that carefulness is much important in that game and this is maybe why authors like Erik do not always give quick conclusions in that direction. I will read with great interest what he will reply…

Regards
Phil
Old 16th October 2008, 04:20
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough

Eric, I look forward to getting a copy (actually 3 for me & my friends) of your latest JG 2 volume. However, I didn't see anything on your site about payment options. Being in the U.S., currency exchange is always an issue, as I'm sure it is for you guys on that side of the pond purchasing books from this country. That being the case I generally buy from a bookseller like Christian Schmidt. Any idea when this will be available from such a source?
Old 18th October 2008, 17:45

Hi Jim, Phil and Focus,

Thanks for your messages and my apologizes if my reply lasted so long. At the moment I am over-worked.
Phil, I am pleased to read that you like JG 2 - Vol 2. The printer has done a terrific job: text and photo are perfectly printed and colors are beautiful!
Focus, I am surprised by your remark regarding correspondence between claims and losses. I did it when I had the elements to do this, just like I did for JG 5 in both volumes. JG 5 vol. 3 is at work and planned for next year. My friend Hans Berger, professional translator and former Staffelkapitän at the JG 1 (who did the translation of all my books into German), as well as many JG 5 vets push me for several years to close this so interesting chronicle. My problem is just that I still need to spare a few hours to sleep every day.
Jim, nice to read that you also, even if English speaking, want to purchase copies of JG 2. You won't be deceived, I think. You can do this directly by me, using the simple PayPal way for transferring the money. Send me, please, a private message, I’ll quickly reply.

Yours friendly
Erik
Old 19th October 2008, 22:53

Hello,

thanks for all the private messages. Since there are now FAQ, I want to publish a FGR (frequently given reply):

The book JG 2-2 costs 49 EUR, and shipping to non European countries: 14 EUR. Sorry but the real post costs are even more expensive!... and if you agree, you could take in charge the half of the PayPal costs : 4/2 = 2 EUR.
Shipping in Europe is 9 EUR.

I still have a few spare copies of the JG 2 volume 1 in the USA. This volume costs 58 EUR and shipping in the USA 5 EUR.
Yes, you can pay via Paypal. Send me a private message, I'll give the address to use.
Best regards

Erik
Old 6th November 2008, 15:12

RogerB is on a distinguished road

Hello Erik Mombeeck,

I just received the two new books on JG 2 and JG 4. Thanks for the quick shipment. I have just managed to browse through them a couple of times, and let me say that I astonished of the many new photos that you have managed to dig up. In particular the photos on the Luftwaffe personnel undergoing training on Panzerfaust are unique. Must be really hard-to-find documentation to say the least.

I know you are working on JG 26 project, but what do you have in mind after that?

Cordialement,
Roger Bolghaug
PS: To the rest of you who do not understand French I would like to say that I was in the same situation when first discovered the French magazines. I soon realized that I needed to toss the mediocre FlyPast and Aeroplane away, and make an effort understanding French. That was 5 years ago, and it has really paid off. After I got into the French magazines it is like a new world has opened up. And sometimes the photos themselves justify the cost of a French book or magazine. I just thought I should say this because almost none here in Norway seems to interested in a magazine or a book with French language, and that is really a pity considering the usual high quality.

Last edited by RogerB; 6th November 2008 at 15:17. Reason: spelling
Old 9th November 2008, 20:52

Hello Roger,

thanks for the nice words regarding JG 2 and JG 4 vol. 2. Even if it is my baby (about the 20th?), let me say that JG 2 vol 2 is one of my preferred ones, certainly also because of the very high printing quality (that also for JG 4 / 2 in which you found this amazing photo).
I completely agree, I consider that we find the best Aviation Magazines in France, and among these, I think that AVIONS is the best of the bests. Always very original, exotic, highly documented... articles.

Best regards

Erik