Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 5th February 2018, 18:03

Falcon
Re: Late war Bf 109 pictures source

That's what I read too. 335 442. But my WNr. sources end's earlier. Prien -335 300; Schmoll - 335 220. Did we got documented numbers above 300 for 335 xxx?
Old 6th February 2018, 11:22
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasate View Post
Thanks for these great photos!

W.Nr. is 335442, and as Falcon said, rudder is indeed broken, not painted with a triangle
Hi there Jasate and Falcon,

W.Nr. : if confirmed, 335 442 would join up with 335 800, found in Munich as the highest W.Nr. recorded for Mtt : http://www.flickr.com/photos/2809206...otolist-8Tcxj8

As for the rudder white triangle, take a moment to check out the photo: the rear of the rudder is broken alright, but the white wedge on the top of the rudder is clearly there, and not due to the dent.

Cheers
Marc
Old 6th February 2018, 17:59

Jasate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-André Haldimann View Post
As for the rudder white triangle, take a moment to check out the photo: the rear of the rudder is broken alright, but the white wedge on the top of the rudder is clearly there, and not due to the dent.

Cheers
Marc
It does indeed appear to be there.
Old 25th April 2018, 22:22
Alter Hase

hi there Gang,

Possibly an new photo from NAGr. 1 Bf 109 G-8 whilst being stationed at Niedermendingen, late December 1944:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-Flieger-...8AAOSw6qda4LQg

Cheers
Marc
Old 2nd June 2018, 13:42
Alter Hase

Dear All,

This note to let you know I have decided to put until further notice on private mode my Flickr page on late war Bf 109's. This move is driven by the necessity of stopping unscrupulous eBay sellers of lifting both photos and captions from my pages and then proposing them for sale at typically 3,99 Euros apiece.

Based on knowledge sharing and collaborative work around a visual archive for all accessible late war 109 images, I always put utmost care of quoting the source, giving the direct link to the orignal site, naming the people behind the images and, in many cases, asking for permission to upload them on my pages.

In order to continue in that spirit and stop any further looting for commercial purposes, I will have to devise a watermark system agreed upon by the orignal copyright owners and implement it progressively for all accessible images. This will be a lengthy process, but ultimately, I'm confident that the public part of this archive will be again online in due time.

Thanks for bearing out in the mean time, and looking forward to have you all back onboard.

Cheers
Marc
Old 2nd June 2018, 15:51

Mark Proulx is on a distinguished road

Marc:

To begin with, allow me to say I appreciate your efforts and the work involved in creating your site. When time allows, I have spent time browsing through it and have enjoyed reading and viewing your photos.

I also agree with the action you have taken. The lifting of photos, only to be sold on E-bay w/o proper accreditation is infuriating. As you aware, I too have complained about the 3.99 photo seller and suffered the consequences of those actions. Maybe time to create an unscrupulous seller list?

It is getting to the point now that LiF has started to watermark their photos as printed in their books. Sad that it has come to that.

Mark Proulx
Old 2nd June 2018, 21:27
Alter Hase

Hi Kark,

Thanks for your much appreciated praise and support. Obviously this 3.99 Euros gentleman pushed his luck way too hard... As for the unscrupulous seller list, this is the legal responsibility of eBay.

Yes, watermark is the only solution; there will be no more accessible photos on my Flickr pages without watermark, except the eBay ones as they are already heavily marked...

Cheers
Marc
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:19

Marc:

I am not familiar with the mechanics of Flickr, but is it possible to dis-able the "right-click" feature?

Also, if I may I suggest, place your watermarks strategically, toned or faded down. To place the watermarks in a corner of the image allows for easy cropping and elimination of the watermark, defeating the whole point of the exercise.

Good luck with your task ahead. I am sure that it will take some time...

Mark Proulx
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:31

Sorry...one other point....

As to unscrupulous sellers copying photos from the 'net for sale; E-bay's responsibility? Yes! Are they going to do anything about it? No!

IMHO...

I sincerely believe that they don't care, especially given the numbers of e-bay sellers and the small area of interest of "our" historical subject matter. In addition, if that seller is banned due to continued negative feedback, they are just going to continue under a new identity. This had already shown to be the case.

Mark
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:45
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Proulx View Post
Marc:

I am not familiar with the mechanics of Flickr, but is it possible to dis-able the "right-click" feature?

Also, if I may I suggest, place your watermarks strategically, toned or faded down. To place the watermarks in a corner of the image allows for easy cropping and elimination of the watermark, defeating the whole point of the exercise.

Good luck with your task ahead. I am sure that it will take some time...

Mark Proulx
Mark,

Yes you can; this will not save you from screenshots though And agreed, I will place the watermark on the airframe. As for time, it sure will; it took me already 8 years to build-up this visual reference too...

As for eBay responsibility, I'm just back from the 21st UNESCO session of the Intergovernmental Committee for Promoting the Return of Cultural Property to its Countries of Origin or its Restitution in case of Illicit Appropriation (ICPRCP), held in Paris; we heard from the eBay representative that they were cooperating with law enforcement bodies in this matter. We will certainly have the possibility to check this in the next few years. But I concur: for our "niche", it'll possibly remain as you say...and depend on our reaction.

Cheers
Marc

Cheers
Marc