Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > On Offer

On Offer Please place your on offer ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 29th January 2007, 06:49

Location: Post-Confederate People's Republic of Alabamastan, Suh!
chicoartist is on a distinguished road
New Korean Air War DVD release!

Hi guys,

Here's a brand new one for you ... no. 19 in our series of military aviation titles, this time covering the Korean War land and sea based aerial campaign. The John Ford documentary "This is Korea" is also included, and rounds out this excellent offering which I'm confident will become one of our best sellers.

As usual, I'm accepting pre-orders first ... see the top of this page for info and to place your order:
http://wademeyersart.tripod.com/id73.html

Thanks!
Wade

Old 29th January 2007, 11:01
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: New Korean Air War DVD release!

Looks like a nice addition!

But what about the DVD region settings and PAL vs NTSC etc?

Couldn't find that info at first glance.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 29th January 2007, 17:06

Location: Post-Confederate People's Republic of Alabamastan, Suh!
chicoartist is on a distinguished road
Re: New Korean Air War DVD release!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruy Horta View Post
. . . But what about the DVD region settings and PAL vs NTSC etc? Couldn't find that info at first glance.
Hi Ruy,

I have a 'blurb' on page 1 of my three DVD pages about this:

All DVDs are Region Free and can be played worldwide. Your DVDs will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail for US Domestic/APO/FPO, and USPS Global Priority or standard Airmail (depending on destination country and weight of package) for all others.

I've literally shipped hundreds of DVDs to all corners of the world, and the only problems (about 3 or 4, so far, out of many hundreds sold), have been with the older DVD technology found in some DVD/VCR combo machines. In this case, the "older" DVD technology might, repeat might, have "issues" with the DVD-R discs we use. We use DVD-R because it's the "King" of recordable media.

Our recommendations are as follows ... this is a little note I recently started putting in with each DVD for edification purposes - and there's also some good info here about how our product is made:

----------------------------------------

Almost all of our films were sourced from original film and/or archival masters and transferred directly to the DVD format (no video “generation” in the duplication sequence) via Betacam SP. In this process, we contract professional film labs to make a master DVD directly from the original films or archival masters (at a cost of about $500 per footage hour), and we then use our “master” DVD to burn your copy in our own DVD towers. The result is the highest possible quality and faithfulness to the original of your disc, bar none. If you’re wondering, that’s why your image is so clear compared to all those old videos you have!

Not to disparage other vendors of military films (Lord knows I’ve bought my share from them in the past!), but most of them buy “master” video versions of documentary films from places like the US National Archives. It’s much cheaper to obtain government films this way. From there, the vendor will make a “master” DVD from the video, and then burn your DVD disc. You can see that right off the bat you’ve already lost a generation of quality from the original or archival master reels held by the archive. The difference in quality is amazing when compared side-by-side.

For best results, we highly recommend that you play these discs in relatively newer stand-alone DVD players. Luckily, they are not expensive, and you probably have one already. Some DVD/VCR combo machines may have older DVD technology that might have problems playing our DVD-R format discs. Problems in this range usually amount to periods of “pixilation” at some point during playback. Other problems may be format problems resulting from newer high-aspect ratio (length vs. height) TVs. Please check your format controls if your picture appears “stretched out”. Luckily, in the many hundreds of DVDs we’ve sold, problems such as those I’ve mentioned above have been extremely rare, but they do happen on occasion. Again, thanks for your purchase, and happy viewing!

Wade