Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th April 2009, 17:29

claudio82clod is on a distinguished road
Junker 188 crash

Hello, i'm Claudio from Italy, i'm an historical researcher about my little region.
One yaer ago, i have found an old witness who told me about an unknow german plane crashed near Frabosa Soprana (South of Cuneo) in 12 - 13 September 1944.
I have found the crash site and a little bit of small scrap iron.
On one of these i have found a code and I have found that the airplane would have to be a Junker 188 D2 with this code F6+LP. It belonged Aufklarungsgruppe 6/(F) 122 with base to Bergamo.
I know the name of the captain who would have to be Lt. Gottfried Heenes (or Heene).
Unfortunately I have not found trace of nothing in the communal archives.
From local reports partisan goes the zone under control and the Germans doesn't go on the crash site.
The corpses were repatriated after 1945.
I don't know the name of the other air ones and where they are buried.
I have found these information from http://luftwaffedata.co.uk/html/losses_-_1944.html but now it is extinguished.
The data on this Internet page were:

12 Sep 1944
6(F)./122
Ju 188D-2
F6+LP
Crashed no details available, all of Ltn. Gottfried Heene’s crew were killed.

This is an italian forum's page about this crash:
http://freeforumzone.leonardo.it/discus ... 3955937500

Someone helps me?

many thanks in advance
Claudio
Old 15th April 2009, 09:27

Re: Junker 188 crash

no idea???
Old 15th April 2009, 20:13
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Hi Claudio,

Are you meaning you need more details? Fate was unknown, so how can you be shure this is your aircraft as no indentifiable number or other detail is shown on the website (pictures). According to Andy Mitchells website the crew was Lt. Gottfried Heene, with Obgefr Helmut Scheingraber, Uffz. Walter Jesko and Uffz. Ernst Wehmeier (all killed).

However there are two numbers stated: Ju 188 150236 F6+IP in Barry Ketley ´KG 200´ book; but as D-2 150235 F6+LP on Andy Mitchell homepage on FAGr 122.

Best regards
ed
Old 15th April 2009, 20:24
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Be a little more patient!

Ltn. Gottfried Heene, Obgefr. Helmut Scheingraber, Uffz. Walter Jesko, Uffz. Franz Wehmeier.

According to my information, all four were injured. I don't know if any of them died later.

Fore more about 6.(F)/122 in Italy see:
Nick Beale, Ferdinando D’Amico and Gabriele Valentini, Air War Italy 1944–45, the Axis Air Forces from the Liberation of Rome to the Surrender (Airlife Publishing Ltd., Shrewsbury, May 1996) ISBN 1 85310 252 0
Old 15th April 2009, 21:07

Many thanks to all, I'm sorry for my english but I'm self-taught.
I'm very happy to know the others 3 names of the crew.
I believe that is this airplane because all the eyewitnesses are sure about the date the night between 12 and 13 september 1944.
Moreover the scrap iron and the ammunitions, that we have found, are compatible with the JUNKER 188.
The local population that I have interviewed said me that there were 4 died.
All the corpses were recovered from the local population and they were buried in Seccata a fraction of Frabosa Soprana.
From local reports partisan goes the zone under control and the Germans doesn't go on the crash site.
The corpses were repatriated after 1945.
This is another page about this crash:

http://metaldetector.forumfree.net/?t=28767861&st=15

Username: aereofontane
Password: fontaneaereo
Old 16th April 2009, 10:48

So, in your opinion is it possible to find the flight plans in order to understand what it was making this airplane.
An other question is it possible to find others information about the crew?
Old 16th April 2009, 12:17

I have spoken now with the responsible of Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e. V. Deutscher Soldatenfriedhof/Cimitero Militare Germanico.
In this location there aren't died German with these names and not even in the list of the died German in Europe.
Old 16th April 2009, 13:29
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudio82clod View Post
So, in your opinion is it possible to find the flight plans in order to understand what it was making this airplane.
An other question is it possible to find others information about the crew?
If members of the crew were killed or injured, the only possibility would be the Personalverlustmeldung (personnel loss report) held by the Deutsche Dienststelle in Berlin but German privacy laws may make it difficult or impossible to obtain this unless you are a family member.

These reports do usually include a brief description of the purpose of the flight but nothing that you could call a "flight plan."
Old 16th April 2009, 14:26

I understand...
So, the only possibility is some local newspaper or german association of veterans...do you know someone?
Old 16th April 2009, 20:23
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Thanks Nick (for corrcetion, must look for/get your book).

Hello Claudio. Seems if your statement of your witness is correct (re all killed) then possibly either date can be wrong or number not correct (or even code in Nick & co. book be incorrect / or another plane where all were killed). From what we all know on this forum the Unit codes (here F6+LP) were (often) carried by more than one plane but at different dates (yet I have one recorded instance of two aircraft flying with same code, same day - but yet again can be typing error). Seems to me you must also try find also the W.Nr. to be certain of date and crew. These were usually stamped on small plates in several places on fuselage and painted on the tail (and often on parts that were detachiable, for handy referance when putting them back on the plane.) My point here is that real proof of this as the same plane is yet unconfirmed.