Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > General

General Please use this forum to post feedback, suggestions and problems relating to 12oclockhigh.net

Old 29th July 2018, 19:34

Christer Engdahl
Moderation of posts

Why is moderation of posts from a long standing member suddenly necessary and how long does it take? Will this thread be subject to moderation?
Old 29th July 2018, 19:43

Christer Engdahl
Re: Moderation of posts

This new thread didn't need moderation. The reason for my question is that a comment that I tried to make in LRG Log In Blockage didn't appear but there was a message that approval from a moderator was needed. My post has yet to appear or a message to me from a moderator explaining why it wasn't approved.
Old 30th July 2018, 00:45
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

As I have tried repeatedly to explain, the moderators don’t manage the software underlying the forum. It does sometimes throw up anomalies and I can only suggest that you report any you encounter via the “contact us” link at the bottom of the main screen.

John and I are just supposed keep the discussions civil and the spammers out, we don’t have the expertise to do tech support.
Old 30th July 2018, 10:08

Christer Engdahl

Well, since the message included "moderator approval", I sought a response from them. It's difficult for the general user to know what is a glitch and what is intended.

I understand your response as no moderator received a message of my post, right? Anyway, I'll try to make my comment once again and will see what happens and if needed, direct "technical support" to this thread.

EDITED: When I opened that thread to repost my message, my initial post had gone through moderation. Someone seems to have approved the post ... ... or gremlins are runnig the show.
Old 30th July 2018, 15:57
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Yes, I did approve your posts once you drew attention to them but I have no idea why that approval should needed in the first place. It just seems to happen on random threads, even for long-established members.
Old 31st July 2018, 10:38

Christer Engdahl

Okey, thanks!
Old 18th August 2018, 13:31

BrianC is on a distinguished road

Nick, John or whoever

This is my third request to be reinstated!

As a long-standing member I suddenly find that I am unable to access my many posts or to contact other members!

Please advise.

Brian Cull
Old 20th August 2018, 17:36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
Nick, John or whoever

This is my third request to be reinstated!

As a long-standing member I suddenly find that I am unable to access my many posts or to contact other members!

Please advise.

Brian Cull
Brian,

As I've said in response to many other posts, John and I don't control the technical side of the site. We have neither the administrator privileges or the knowledge, so I don't know what could have happened in your case. I assume you've tried the "contact us" button at the bottom of the screen but in case that didn't help, I'll send a PM to Ruy Horta.