Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 8th December 2022, 09:17

Trendle will become famous soon enough
Re: Point Blank Band 5 : Mai 1944 - Operationen und Einsatzverluste der deutschen und alliierten Luftstreitkräfte in Europa 1944

Hi Stig,

thank you for your nice words!!! In know exactly what you mean... But the same applies for you!

All the best

Fred
Old 19th September 2023, 09:18

Re: Point Blank Band 5 : Mai 1944 - Operationen und Einsatzverluste der deutschen und alliierten Luftstreitkräfte in Europa 1944

Dear Friends,

The production costs for books in Germany are rising for a long time exponentially. This poses big problems, especially for small publishers like my own. In addition, there is still a glaring shortage of paper in Germany. There is no way I can pass on the increased prices to my readers. I would have to sell a book that normally costs around 50 Euros for around 80 Euros to compensate for the price increase. That really does not work. That's why I'm currently forced to wait until prices drop significantly again. I'm really sorry about that, but unfortunately there's no other way. I ask for your understanding of my current situation

All the best

Fred
Old 19th September 2023, 09:27
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

Dear Fred, I think who is ready to pay 50 Euro for such a book, will also pay 80 Euro. So, I encourage you to go ahead, perhaps in a smaller print run, because I don't expect prices to fall back to pre-COVID levels anytime soon (if ever). My opinion.
Old 19th September 2023, 10:00
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

I echo Dénes thoughts here.

Your books are too good to be missed!!

Take Care Fred
Cheers
Stig
Old 19th September 2023, 17:50
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Fred,

I would suggest contacting printers in other countries. I have been in book publishing for 40 years and have seen paper prices either go up slowly or quickly. The bottom line is the only direction they go is up.

Best regards,
Ed West
Old 20th September 2023, 16:21

Richard Mills is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendle View Post
Dear Friends, The production costs for books in Germany are rising for a long time exponentially. This poses big problems, especially for small publishers like my own. In addition, there is still a glaring shortage of paper in Germany. There is no way I can pass on the increased prices to my readers. I would have to sell a book that normally costs around 50 Euros for around 80 Euros to compensate for the price increase. That really does not work. That's why I'm currently forced to wait until prices drop significantly again. I'm really sorry about that, but unfortunately there's no other way. I ask for your understanding of my current situation All the best Fred
Hi Fred

I have the volumes coveirng Jan, Feb, March & April and I do want to complete 1944 with the remaining volumes, as I find them invaluable for research on the RLV.

Am I reading it right that it is not worth placing an order for the remaining volumes at this moment in time? Are there any volumes from May onwards that you have in existing stock?

These are great research books and I do hope to be able to complete 1944.

Regards Richard.
Old 20th September 2023, 16:59
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Richard

So far 11 volumes have been published up to August 1944. Some of the latter months are published in two volumes.
I suggest you contact Rudi Penker again to get an offer for those volumes you don't have.

Cheers
Stig
Old 27th September 2023, 14:06

Dénes, Stig, Ed, Richard,

Thank you very much for your valued comments. I've come to the conclusion to continue with work as before. I'll be retiring next year and then I'll be able to devote myself exclusively to the book volumes which are still outstanding.

All the best,

Fred