Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 17th May 2006, 00:00

Marcel van Heijkop is on a distinguished road
Food and drink in Bundesarchiv Freiburg?

Dear all,

I'm going to the Bundesarchiv Freiburg myself shortly. Does anybody know whether it is possible to obtain a drink or something to eat inside the Archiv or do you have to take literally everything with you? (Seem to remember that somebody told me that the latter was the case.)

Yes, those files sure are exciting, but I think I'm going to need a strong black coffee now and then :-)

Best regards,

Marcel
Old 17th May 2006, 00:03
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough
Re: Food and drink in Bundesarchiv Freiburg?

As far as I remember it is not possible to buy anything to eat or drink. At the same time it is 3 years ago since I've been there....

cheers,

John.
Old 17th May 2006, 07:23

Delmenhorst is on a distinguished road

you can buy sodas in the archive, but no food. There is a sandwich-shop a bit down the road, but their food is bloody awful. Get something in town and store it in your locker.
Old 17th May 2006, 13:32
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmenhorst
you can buy sodas in the archive, but no food. There is a sandwich-shop a bit down the road, but their food is bloody awful. Get something in town and store it in your locker.
Better yet, breakfast in a German hotel includes things like ham, sausage, cheese and bread rolls that us English would consider a light lunch - smuggle some of that out from the breakfast room and take it with you. You already paid for it.
Old 17th May 2006, 14:21

sveahk

Opposite the Bundesarchiv, 100 feet down the road there's a restaurant. The food is, IMHO, decent, and plenty, I recommend the salat-plate. The girls from the Archive usually eat there ( say Hi to Frau Brabant and Frau Waibel from me!). The problem is, if you bring food, you can't eat nor drink in the Lesesaal.
Friendly greetings from Switzerland
Hans Krensler
Old 17th May 2006, 19:43

Mikael Olrog is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Hans, the restaurant ca 100 m down the road was ok when I ate there. Obviously it's a good idea to bring some drink and snack if one gets hungry.

I'll be in the archive between 26-30 June if anyone else from TOCH is there and wants to grab a beer in the evening.

/Mikael
Old 17th May 2006, 22:42

Marcel van Heijkop is on a distinguished road
Any research tips for a LW unit?

Thanks guys!

Now the very important aspect of food and drink is covered, any tips on research if you are looking for a Kampfgeschwader (I./KG66 in my case) would also be very welcome

Please note that I already have the digital findbücher found on the site of SES. I'm more thinking of a kind of checklist/roadmap of things which you shouldn't forget to do while researching a typical unit.

Thanks again,

Marcel