Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 18th March 2009, 04:02

Horst Kube
Was: My Moelders Biography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruy Horta View Post
Takes a while to adjust, but once you get into it it is easy. Read a lot of WW1 material in old german type set. Still have some unread titles, including pre-WW1, waiting for the next round.
Ruy: The discussion about the Mölders biography belongs in my opinion since its upcome to the file "Books and Magazines".

The same counts for the -at least not first class book- of Julius Meimberg, which you "whyoever" seem to prefer and which you let discuss in here since weeks, instead of transfer that also to "Books and Magazines...

Wonder, o' wonder,
Horst
Old 19th March 2009, 00:17

leonventer is on a distinguished road
Re: My Moelders Biography

Horst,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst Kube View Post
-at least not first class book- of Julius Meimberg
While you obviously have some issues with Meimberg's bio, other reviews of this book have been very positive.

I'd be very interested to hear about its shortcomings. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks,
Leon Venter

Last edited by leonventer; 19th March 2009 at 01:01.
Old 19th March 2009, 19:33
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: Was: My Moelders Biography

Horst,

Took me a while to process your post.

Let me start with the basics.

Since I am lazy by nature I have adopted a laissez-faire policy to TOCH moderating.

This means that I read perhaps 10% of traffic if not less, and act only when someone or something draws my attention, or if I just stumble into something that happens to catch my interest.

The line between the sub-forums is not an absolute.

For example book posts are allowed the extra attention of the main forums until I (or my co-moderators) decide it is time to move them. The Meimberg thread about translations being more an example of ignorant bliss than rational action.

Now for the rest.

There is no "wonder, o'wonder" when it comes to my personal views about 29/6 and Kurt Braatz, I respect and enjoy his work.

That my personal views can influence my decision making as host and moderator of this forum has also never been denied.

But for the record, there are no business deals nor freebies involved between 29/6 and myself. My opinion is my own based on books* bought without discounts through regular channels.

Where authors / publishers do share their work for free, which is rare, but it does happen from time to time (I must at least mention Jochen Prien, Erik Mombeek and Donald Caldwell) I do mention so when I write anything about their work. Adversely, it is more likely that I will fall short of reviewing titles...even when given with the intention of doing so (and again I must mention Jochen,...sorry).

So your "Wonder, o' wonder" is out of place, unless you find objection to an honest personal liking.

I hope this has cleared the matter once and for all.

*all, but one of the 29/6 collection are in my possession.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;