Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 7th April 2006, 01:55
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
German WW 2 aviation site

Auf Himmel

http://aufhimmelzuhause.com/

Enjoy,
Ed
Old 7th April 2006, 14:40

Jean-Yves Lorant is on a distinguished road
Re: German WW 2 aviation site

Hi Ed,

Interesting site, but not very useful. The claims lists are not updated and contains many old errors. Let's we guest they will better check their sources !

Jean-Yves Lorant
Old 7th April 2006, 17:47
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I certainly do not want to direct people to inaccurate information.

Ed
Old 7th April 2006, 20:07

Pawel Burchard is on a distinguished road

While some of the information may be innacurate, I found the page very informative and interesting. Not often that someone is willing to publish parts of his/her collection and research results on the web.

Kind regards,
Pawel
Old 9th April 2006, 01:46

Hi Pawel,

You kindly write "may be inaccurate". I write simply "are inaccurate" (I checked especially some names in the Nachtjagd-claims lists). One more time many errors will be published world-wide. I guess the webmasters will certainly improve their new site and make corrections in the future.
It doesn't matter. And you are free to like it !

All the best
Jean-Yves Lorant
Old 9th April 2006, 11:20
Alter Hase

Brian is on a distinguished road

Hi guys

I have just contacted the site owner, Jeremy Green, to congratulate him on his enterprise. I think its admirable to publish such material about otherwise virtually unknown aircrew. In my humble opinion, too much emphasis is put on so-called aces. I have promised Jeremy that I will do all I can to assist him. I hope others will endeavour to do the same.

Cheers
Brian
Old 9th April 2006, 16:22

Spanferkel is on a distinguished road

Greetings gentlemen,

Since this is my site I should probably respond. First off many thanks to all for actually looking at my site and second for the constructive feedback. At present my site is trully a work in progress, each of the individuals listed on the site I have documentation on and as you might imagine the task of compiling this info. and uploading is daunting particularly because my fulltime profession of architect doesn't leave much freetime.

Jean-Yves I'm assuming you are refering to the claims list of Gustav Bauer, you may very well be correct that there are no claims for this gent. The information for Bauer was taken from the back of his Wehrpas which does indicate victories/probables but no specifics to dates, time etc..

As I mention in my disclaimer my primary goal is to get the information accurate and to show the information I have on these flyers/soldiers to a wider audience versus having it sit in a file cabinet.

Thanks again for looking and ANY suggestions or corrections are appreciated.

Cheers

Jeremy

www.aufhimmelzuhause.com
Old 9th April 2006, 22:56

Wink Re: German WW 2 aviation site

Hi Spanferkel,

"Ich verstehe voll und ganz". What I write must be understood as a remark, nothing more. The complexity of your task is obvious. I took aimlessly three JG 300 pilots, what enabled me to note your uncertainty margin:
- Fw. Herbert Chantelau: the night claims you quoted with JG 301 and 302 are in fact with III./JG 300, 9. Staffel, at the given dates (22 and 23 september 1943). The night claim of july 30, 1943, with III./JG Herrmann over Hamburg is missing.
- Uffz. Harald Lövenich and Fw. Friedel Merten of 6./JG 300: I found no claims for both of them in your list.
I have not checked more names... Anyway, I appreciate the way in which you organized your new website and I am sure you will do your best to improve it. I don't wish to blame you for these lacks and I wish you good luck...
Willi Reschke's book is unfortunately not the reference for the early Wilde Sau claims.

Weiterhin Hals und Beinbruch !
Jean-Yves Lorant
Old 10th April 2006, 00:58

mhuxt

I must be missing something - I can't find any of the claims lists referred to ...
Old 10th April 2006, 22:22

Just have a look at "links/useful terms": Nachtjagd claims, mostly from OKL via Tony Wood.