Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 18th February 2005, 18:37

heinz
Luftwaffe Parts Reference Codes FL 50970-23

This week, one of my friends found a german item with this Luftwaffe Parts Reference Codes : FL 50970-23

I've made a look one the Luftwaffe Indicator Parts Reference Codes http://gunsight.jp/b/english/data/FL-e.htm but i don't found these reference .

I think it is part of the armement .

Someone have an idea ?

Cheers
Old 20th February 2005, 13:21

Geoff Kennell
Heinz,

I can't help you with your question, but found your link very interesting. Do you have links to the other pages of Luftwaffe aircraft component part numbers that you could post here or PM me? I've tried finding the other pages myself but get an 'access denied' message.

Geoff.
Old 21st February 2005, 00:25

Fredo Hara is on a distinguished road
Hello,
other web site but no FL 50970-23

http://www.histavia21.net/Lw-Codes-050.htm

Fred
Old 3rd March 2005, 22:46

Andyf
from FL Ausrüstungsgeräte RLM (Nachschlagewerk)

Hi!

Could I see this part?

I found in Flugzeug-Ausrüstungsgeräte RLM such info about FL50970-27/28/29: Druckschraube zur Kabelbefestigung an ZSK454 (1940)

Cheers
Andyf
Old 10th April 2007, 19:32

zalany is on a distinguished road
Re: Luftwaffe Parts Reference Codes FL 50970-23

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz View Post
This week, one of my friends found a german item with this Luftwaffe Parts Reference Codes : FL 50970-23

I've made a look one the Luftwaffe Indicator Parts Reference Codes http://gunsight.jp/b/english/data/FL-e.htm but i don't found these reference .

I think it is part of the armement .

Someone have an idea ?

Cheers
hi there,

i have probably the same part as you - i can't read the number after dash, cause it's scratched off. it comes from a german fighter - i'm almost sure that it's fw190 (there was 13mm mg131 gun found there as well + loads of 13mm and 20mm bullets).anyway the part is pretty badly bent,the color is dark red (metallic),it all looks like a button and has a word "Bauart" and Siemens logo on top of it - design indicates that it comes from the cockpit...

well, i know that the a/m post is almost as old as the parts we have - anyway the topic is surely worth of continuing - please post some site addresses or anything that can help to know more...

plane's remains were found 2 days ago, somewhere in western poland, which indicates, the plane was shot down by the soviet forces in the beginning of 1945... we are really happy about that

---

there's a page with a lot of really nicely arranged tables with luftwaffe parts codes, descriptions and pictures:

http://warbirdnet.com/

if it makes a difference the page is in german language. i checked the part number - nothing in there...

with best regards.

Last edited by zalany; 10th April 2007 at 19:36. Reason: some extra info added