Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 3rd January 2013, 17:45
Alter Hase

Melvin Brownless is on a distinguished road
Important notice from aircrew remembrance society

Hello fellow forumites, I have been instructed by my Chairman David King to pass on the following regarding our society and website. We are hoping that 2013 will be a very good year for us with many more personal remembrance pages being created in memory of those from all nations who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Dear Friends and Supporters, we are sorry to have to notify you, that due to circumstances beyond our control, the Aircrew Remembrance Society will be forced to close down for a short period to reform it’s website.

This is due to the withdraw of support of our previous webmaster Kelvin Youngs, who has decided to set up his own commercial website with his brother, and is therefore no longer associated in any way with The Aircrew Remembrance Society.
Although we have had both verbal and written personal guarantees from both Kelvin and his brother Stefan, that they have no intention of operating under our Societies name on their new proposed site, and despite repeated request to them, they have up until this time of writing not been prepared to release our domain name, aircrewremembrancesociety.com
This of course has denied us the opportunity to keep the site live for the many thousands we remember by simple transfer.

To save any further delay in rebuilding the site we have today registered,
aircrewremembrancesociety.co.uk Our site rebuild is currently underway at this new location.
If we are able to as promised, obtain our old domain name (.com) we may consider reverting to this.

However until further notice anyone wishing to contact us can do so through aircrewremembrancesociety.co.uk or please contact us direct.
Contact David direct at
lanc424@yahoo.co.uk

Contact Melvin direct at
jager2uk@yahoo.ie

The Aircrew Remembrance Society would to thank all our friends and supporters, and would be most grateful for your continued support through this transition period.

David and Melvin

David King
Chairman (Allied Research)
Melvin R Brownless
Vice Chairman (Luftwaffe Research)
Co Founders Aircrew Remembrance Society.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:03

dp_burke is on a distinguished road
Re: Important notice from aircrew remembrance society

When you say a commercial site, do they plan to charge for the content that was previously on the ARS site? A lot of that info came from airmens relatives I guess, and from archive institutes. I hope you can maintain your data and they have not made off with it. Sorry to hear this though not quite sure what is happenng.
http://www.ww2irishaviation.com
Old 6th January 2013, 17:13
Alter Hase

Melvin Brownless is on a distinguished road
Re: Important notice from aircrew remembrance society

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our society, very much appreciated. I can tell you that Kelvin Youngs and his brother have now set up a new website called funnily enough "Aircrew Remembered". They are using all "Aircrew Remembrance Society" Allied Remembrance pages on their site without our permission as these remembrance pages were submitted to The Aircrew Remembrance Society and not Aircrew Remembered. The page of remembrance I created for their brother was researched and compiled by myself, but sadly no mention of this on their "doctored" new pages. David and I suspected that something else was going on behind the scenes, we now know what they were up to.

All my archived Luftwaffe losses + many more new remembrance pages will be added to our new website during this coming year, I can assure you you will not be dissapointed!